Release GoogleImages
(2013-01-11, 20:56)dkplayaclub Wrote: Is this the same for the Picasa add-on? I was under the impression that Picasa was now part of Google images?

No, PicasaWeb has a separate API from either the google images API or the custom search API.

What it looks like they're doing is integrating PicasaWeb with Google +.
Version 0.9.5

Changes:
- Moved from deprecated Google API to scraping method
- Added keyword highlighting
- Added pagination
- Removed simplejson dependency
- Added Beutifulsoup dependency

On my REPO.

I decided to see about making this work without the API, and here it is, better than ever Smile

The biggest improvement other than no longer being based on a deprecated api is that the 32 images per search limit is gone. You will get 20 results per page, and can navigate between pages.
I've also added some code to help it work better with my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver addon. When setting the source, you will need to do the search and then click the 'Next Page' item (clicking 'Next Page' is necessary to get the search terms into the plugin URL returned to the slideshow addon). It will return 10 pages (200 images) to the screensaver.
Version 0.9.6

Changes:
- Fix for encoding errors
- Remove actual simplejson import statement

On my REPO.
hy boss. this s such a great addon.. i am wondering, can we add a source in future¿

for ex, i use dropbox to put all my pictures directly from my mobile phones. if we put source link into our addon. we can see from our tele Big Grin

hope it makes sense..

chris
(2013-11-25, 20:09)risigvalue Wrote: hy boss. this s such a great addon.. i am wondering, can we add a source in future¿

for ex, i use dropbox to put all my pictures directly from my mobile phones. if we put source link into our addon. we can see from our tele Big Grin

hope it makes sense..

chris
I'm not sure what you are asking...
(2013-11-27, 00:40)ruuk Wrote: I'm not sure what you are asking...

can we add our own picture source.

hope we can in future
(2013-11-27, 01:03)risigvalue Wrote: can we add our own picture source.

hope we can in future

This addon is designed for viewing Google images. Someone would have to create a different addon if they wanted images from a different source.
(2013-11-27, 01:07)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 01:03)risigvalue Wrote: can we add our own picture source.

hope we can in future

This addon is designed for viewing Google images. Someone would have to create a different addon if they wanted images from a different source.

i understand... LiveStreams and LiveTV video addons lets us share video streams with xml .. hope who makes picture addons, it works with xml just like LiveStreams and LiveTV.
Version 0.9.7

Changes:
- Fix for changes from google
- Updated addon.xml python import
- Added license, forum and source tags to addon.xml

On my REPO.

It appears Google really doesn't want their images scraped. Now when clicking on an image in the search results, you will be given a list of images from the image source page. One of the images should be the one from the search result. This is the best I can do with the changes from google, since the results no longer contain the URL of the original image.
This also makes it not very useful for the Plugin Slideshow Screensaver, as it will only return thumbnails for that now.
dear ruuk. i would like to ask a qs if you dont mind.

i can use youtube plugin in my xml ( livestream xml ).. with this code i can watch youtube video
Code:
<link>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=uZIgzLwvwI8</link>

now i wonder something , can i use down below url link just like youtube plugin url for your plugin as well? so we can see picture¿

Code:
http://www.gazeteoku.com/gazete/60000/13-12-2013/sozcu-gazetesi_68836.jpg
(2013-12-14, 00:09)risigvalue Wrote: dear ruuk. i would like to ask a qs if you dont mind.

i can use youtube plugin in my xml ( livestream xml ).. with this code i can watch youtube video
Code:
<link>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=uZIgzLwvwI8</link>

now i wonder something , can i use down below url link just like youtube plugin url for your plugin as well? so we can see picture¿

Code:
http://www.gazeteoku.com/gazete/60000/13-12-2013/sozcu-gazetesi_68836.jpg

It looks like livestream is only for streaming video. Also this plugin only shows the image results it gets from Google Image searches.
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if there is a work around for the change to the Google Pics add-on that means it now brings up a list of images when an image is selected, as opposed to just bringing up the selected picture as previously happened?

If not, its no biggie, the add-on is still great, but would like to resolve this if possible.

Thanks in advance

Matt
I tried every way I could think of to get it to work the old way, and no-go.
It does seem, in fact, to be set up to specifically prevent that.
Hi ruuk

Thanks for getting back to me.

OK no problem, I'll carry in using it as it is. Glad to get a definitive answer from the developer, stops me looking for a solution that doesn't exist.

Thanks for all your hard work in developing such a useful add-on, it is very much appreciated by end users like me.

Matt
Smile 
i like your google addon its nice....... but i want to get rid of a save image that i dont like but i cant remove it..... can u please help me out......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GoogleImages0