• 4(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
Wink
Hello ruuk,

Great job, thanks a lot for developing this, especially as a Flickr user. Hopefully this gives you lots of good karma points !

I tested the plugin on ATV1, connected to full HD TV, running an Eden based Openelec release. Playing around with it, everything seems to work pretty good. Very stable, no crashes.

But I noticed that the quality of the pictures is pretty low. They look grainy as if low resolution images have been scaled up.

When I watch the same pictures from my network drive (the source pictures which were uploaded to Picasa with resolution of max. 1280 pixels wide), they are crisp and sharp as I would expect. And watching them in Picasa on a Desktop or Laptop they look pretty good too.

Here's an example of one of my public Picasa folders.

I didn't find any option to configure the picture quality. Does your plugin have any influence on that??
hjt61 Wrote:.....
But I noticed that the quality of the pictures is pretty low. They look grainy as if low resolution images have been scaled up.

When I watch the same pictures from my network drive (the source pictures which were uploaded to Picasa with resolution of max. 1280 pixels wide), they are crisp and sharp as I would expect. And watching them in Picasa on a Desktop or Laptop they look pretty good too.

Here's an example of one of my public Picasa folders.

I didn't find any option to configure the picture quality. Does your plugin have any influence on that??
Same here. I didn't notice earlier as my XBMC was quite small. But they do appear to be the thumbnails scaled up.
Changes:
Handle videos
Fix a bug where some private images would not show even when privacy filter allowed private

Get it here:

http://picasaphotos-xbmc.googlecode.com/...-0.8.7.zip

I'll look at the image quality. Man if it's not one thing it's another Smile
Videos are working fine now. That was fast.

My private albums were working before and still are, so that's good too!

I double checked the image quality and there is definitely something going on there. I viewed the same image using the add-on "Picasa Web Albums" to compare.
This should enable hi-res photos. It doesn't seem to be available in the api. (the irritating and badly documented api) I had to hack the url to get it work. The photos, I believe, are now original size.

Get it here:

http://picasaphotos-xbmc.googlecode.com/...-0.8.8.zip
Pictures look much better now great work. It might just be need. I need to check the last version, but are thumbnails loading slower now?

Is there any way to apply the same hack to the map images?

EDIT:
Nope, they are loading at the same speed. I had just entered an album I have not viewed before.
kricker Wrote:Is there any way to apply the same hack to the map images?

Nope. That is the maximum image size you can get from google maps, afaik.
Better than nothing I guess.

Nice work.

Strangely I have noticed some images I can view the map, others I do not even get the option in the context menu. I checked online and the ones I can not get a map in the add-on do indeed have a location assigned to them.
kricker Wrote:Better than nothing I guess.

Nice work.

Strangely I have noticed some images I can view the map, others I do not even get the option in the context menu. I checked online and the ones I can not get a map in the add-on do indeed have a location assigned to them.

I'll have to check that out. It will only show the option in the context menu if it found location data, so that means it didn't find any if it's not there. Is perhaps the difference that some of the images have location data in the phot exif data versus being set in Picasa?
Maybe. Some were probably set in the Picasa app versus Picasa online. If I get time tonight I'll check them in more detail.
Thumbs Up 
ruuk Wrote:This should enable hi-res photos. It doesn't seem to be available in the api. (the irritating and badly documented api) I had to hack the url to get it work. The photos, I believe, are now original size.

Get it here:

http://picasaphotos-xbmc.googlecode.com/...-0.8.8.zip

Thanks a lot, ruuk! The plugin works very nice now. Image quality is "picture perfect" - great job !

Greetings from Canada,
/Hermann
Hi Ruuk, I Just installed the picasa plugin in ATV2 but there's no login option. only the search option. Please help me.

Thanks
Arman
You need to go to the addon and configure it most likely. Go to pictures/addons, then highlight the addon and bring up the context menu and choose Add-on settings. Or go to settings/Add-ons/Enabled Add-ons/Picture Add-ons/Picasa/configure.
Turns out that even though 640x640 is the max size for the non-business google static maps, there is a scale option which doubles the resolution. So I was able to bring the maps to full 720p.

Get it v0.8.9 here:

http://picasaphotos-xbmc.googlecode.com/...-0.8.9.zip
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4