Retro - New skin for XBMC
i made new skin. it's called retro and has only original graphics. there are some remains of the hifi skin in there but i've got onklebouncys permition to publish it in current state. i uploaded it to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload

i'm actually not sure where it ends up and is available from by doing this? anyone? but as it is in an alpha/beta state i don't want to put it on allxboxskins yet.

it is my full intention to create my own graphics for these parts too. please do test it and give comment on it here. hope you like it! Smile

/floink
i like it veeeeery much. Smile
especialy the idea of the main menu. (maybe you can use a picture of an old pc/console instead of the x, oh and while i am suggesting things maybe an animated gif of some useless analog displays on the main screen).

for all ppl who wanna try this great skin you can grab it here.

**edit: updated both links to the new version

floink keep up the good work  Image

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thanx Smile

i uploaded a new one where i removed a bunch of *.bak files which are not supposed to be in there. maybe u could update the link hullebulle?

the pc idea could work, yupp... and the analog stuff youre talking about is in the worx. the clock is supposed to look like the little spinning progress thing you had on old tape recorders (needs tweaking though)... i'm planning to ad gifanim to each 'window' using the pictures from the main screen.

/floink
ok i updated the file. Smile
same link = here

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
great looking skin,
please ditch the big green x though, a old console like hullebulle suggested would suit it much better, i think so anyway.

kudo's dude.
i made some icons by modifying the existing ones, so i had to do some reouche and i was quite lazy, so don't expect too much...
the images are a bit too realistic compared to the original ones, but as i said i was quite lazy...

you can download the whole set here including .psd - files. u just have to extract the files from the folder with the set u want ot the /media directory of your retro-skin folder and overwrite the existing ones
it includes a commodore 64, a classic macintosh and a nintendo es
Image Image Image

i hope its ok for the author, that i edited your files, i really love ur theme.
glad you like it... thanx  Smile

and ofcourse you're free to do anything you like with the skin. it is an open source project which i presume applies to skins aswell... but as for code it will have to go through quality control before it's included  Image

still... have patience and you'll have an updated verison of the skin where you'll have pictures looking more like the other ones. patience, patience my friend...

oh and i've been trying to keep devices in the 70s' so i guess it'd have to be a pong console or something like that?

/floink
love the retro skin and iv spent hours tweaking it to fit my ws tv.

one thing boothers me and i cant find a fix for it...

when looking in music and unsing list mode i see the icon in front of my mp3 files fine. but after i scaned all mp3s i dont get the icon in front of my mp3 files... but i get an icon in front of folders and m3u´s...
strange problem? haven't noticed it myself. scan of mp3s takes me a couple of hours so i haven't bothered.

can you see if the same problem exist in hifi skin? thats what i started of with.

(been thinking of doing the retro skin as a ws-skin as i have a ws tv myself)
will try hifi...

let me know if you want my ws tweaked retro if you wanna start from there...
(floink @ jan. 14 2004,22:09 Wrote:can you see if the same problem exist in hifi skin? thats what i started of with.
yes, the music icon after scan shows in hifi...  Sad

iv looked and looked but cant find anything why it dosent work in retro...
congratulations on this skin. it is beautiful. its my default skin now.

look forward to seeing more skins from you.

couple of minor suggestions:

-the shutdown, reboot buttons on the main screen could be larger/clearer or also have their own graphic.

-the red selected buttons on the settings pages could be clearer and lighter in color. it is not obvious to me when they are selected.

thanks again for a great skin.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
a minor bug i noticed.
enter my music, highlight a button to the right, now hit down several times till the last button looses focus,*bang* you are stuck. Smile
guess the "ondown" for the last button to the right is set wrong.
dunno if this happens in all skins or only in retro (to be honest i was to lazy to test). will try it this evening and report if this is a common issue.
anyway great work with the skin. Smile
i've actually noticed this one myself. the <ondown> is there in the xml but the problem is the <id></id> tags. it is a bit complex since the upgrade of mymusic to consist of several <windows> and i'm not sure if i can change around in the <id> tags? haven't had the time to test it but from what i can read the last buttons' <ondown> in the mymusic****.xml seems to be pointing towards <id>s' of mymusicplaylist.xml. and maybe it's supposed to be like that?

dunno... my solution has been to use the back button... back to main menu.
/floink

ps
right now i'm working hard on updates of gfx for buttons, folders and such. but it turns out i'm very picky about the look of these... but i'm having a lot of fun Smile
ds
dunno why it should point to a button on another windows. in my opinion it should point to the first button (on the top). but i noticed that i was wrong with my first report.
the highloight gets lost if you press down while "scan" is highlighted. so i guess the ondown id just don't point to the "record" button.

ps: if it is possible to use a gif for this it would be pretty cool if the record (shown while playing a music file) spins. :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retro - New skin for XBMC0