Cannot Get Library Mode To Work
Im on windows 7 with xbmc the latest release i think 9.11? I just redownloaded it yesterday or rather at like 2am this morning.. I Cannot get library mode to work of course under the file option everything is there but library is a no go.
I just last night finally finished all my episode renaming with theReNamer and my tv shows are as such.
X:/Media/Tv Shows/Family Guy/Family guy season1/ Family.Guy.S01E01.Death.Has.A.Shadow.avi

Where as the filename is showname.seasons&episode#.episodename.ext located in individual seasons folders located in each seprate show folder.

I royale screwed up with i backed up most of my tv show dvds but last night i finally got damn near 1000 files renamed and successfully orginized into those folders subfolder files name format with therenamer and tvdb. It all worked great. but in xbmc when i enable library mode with it poited at the Tv show folder with all shows and seasons and files under that it shows 0episodes. I does does that that show exists but no episodes not for one single show. As usualy all my movies show just fine just no shows.. I have heared about a modification to some advancesetting files but im uncertian if that would fix it or if it is something else..

To my understanding the format witch i named these files is a working format according to the xbmc wiki, and i have not been able to google a reasonable solution however im certian that its point blank there.. You will have to excuse me because i dont read as well as others.. I can read something 3 times over and still have no idea what it just said so unless its in fairly black and white i dont quite understand.. But i am trying, still to find a solution and any help would really be apperciative.
I had a similar problem and solved it, I kicked myself when I saw it. Go into file view and select your TV show source and "Edit Source". Make sure it's pointed at the correct location and then select settings. Then set it up so it has the selected scraper source (I use thetvdb.com) and then giong into the options (I think) tab and make sure you select "DVD order" and whatever other setting you want. Then ok from all that and right click and scan for new content, it should start discovering all your goodies and downloading the information for you.

Hope that helps.
Matt thanks for the help, unfortunatly it didnt work. I went in and as defualt im guessing tvdb.org is selected. and selected dvd ordering and scanned for new content and its still not showing any episodes under any shows. Ive been messing with this all day and still cant figure this out.. Any other suggestions?
Yes - try posting a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708, during an attempted scan.
i went ahead and tried doing the use dvd order method again and no luck, also tried search for new content and update librabry and still no episodes.. It was a while for any art work to load though any how. here is thelog phile, I just want my episodes to show up! http://stashbox.org/1018217/xbmc.log

Thanls for all the help ppls.
I think it's your naming convention should be \family guy\season 1\episodes, else family guy\episodes.

your scanning and it doesn't find any valid files in the correct locations.

also your missing the fonts file for aeon
Firstly - lets walk before we run, Change skin to default Confluence for starters. Lets try and get you up and running then you can change to bells and whistles later. Once you have done that, make sure you have set the content on the TV Shows folder and not the 'root' or 'Media' folder.

With the naming convention you have shown in the original post I see no reason why the scraper will not scrape, unless of course the content has been set incorrectly. For reference have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964 and follow it step by step. Once you are sure you have set the content correctly and changed the skin to default, attempt another scrape and post debug log.

What I will say is that what is showing in your debug log is not what is reflected in the original post. XBMC is attempting to scrape on F:\Media\renamed complete\Cowboy Bebop\, which is nothing like the file structure you quoted in your first post, so which one is correct. If possible take and post a screenshot of your folder/file structure.
The reason it was pointed at the renamed complete folder is because i thought it may have been a issue with the folder or something do i just aimed it back at the folder i have my completed renamed files from theRenamer put. But so that im in line i went and put them back where they should be in f:\Media\Tv Shows
Changed the skin back to default and deleted the old source. I went and re added the source defined it at Tv Shows with tvdb.org as the scraper and aimed it at f:\Media\Tv Shows I read thru the wiki's again and im pretty certian i followed it to a T. However there is one thing, I remember seeing this option once before but not recently and it states in the wiki you set it to "scan recursivly" if the show(s) is another folder or more below the targeted directory. Witch mine are, they are f:\Media\Tv Shows\Family Guy\Season X\ (Files) and so on. witch each show..

But i cannot find that option.
Here is a pic of the file structor. Please excuse the photo but it was taken from across my network. XBMC is not set across my network my "media Drive" is on its own machien its a external terabyte hard drive connected to a HTPC i built. I just browsed the file structor from my laptop..

When i resetup the tv shows directory in xbmc it now displays the courage the cowardly dog episodes but nothing else... Is this because its the first folder in the directory? I think im just further confusing myself.
Here is the photo and log and again thank you for your help

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8929/...ucture.png

http://stashbox.org/1018487/xbmc.log
Any suggestions at all?
Star 
Looks like the naming convention still isn't quite up to the rules... XBMC seems to be very picky in this regard and you might be running into some other issues. You might want to give either Media Companion or Ember a shot at it and see if they can help you out. If you line up all your ducks in those programs.. XBMC will straighten out.

I've had a devil of time getting my TV shows up... and found the external tools invaluable for at least as far as the regular shows. It's gets a bit more tricky with one offs, and Nova shows that are not listed as seasoned files etc. The scan recursively (is in the movie content page), is still in 'set content' but under TV it's called 'selected folder contains one TV show' and shouldn't be selected unless you only have one.

e.g. Root: TVshows:>Battlestar GalacticaSadset content here)> Season 1:>Battlestar Galactica S01E01

Works for me good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Get Library Mode To Work0