[LIVE] Recommended gamepad for ease of use
Hi,

I am entering the world of emulators on my Live install using my Acer Revo, and wanted people's recommendations please on an easy to set up gamepad for ZSNES, Medafen etc?

I would ideally prefer a wireless one, or absolute best case scenario I'd LOVE to be able to get a USB adapter for my Gamecube pad (I personally think that's the best pad ever made) but I'd settle for anything else really, I'm up for showing off my XBMC install to my mates for the first time!

hope someone can help.
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
A few days ago I bought this one and it works out of the box with all my installed emulators (zsnes, mupen64plus, gens, mame; as long as the pad is supported by Ubuntu it should work with every emulator) on my Live install (Dharma beta 2).
:o worked out of the box?!!! i'm well surprised, but very very happy about that?! Do you mean you didn't have to do a single bit of config at all!?

I'm from the UK so I'm assuming this is the same one?

I am also Live Dharma Beta 2 Smile

EDIT : btw, how does it acheive wirelessness? Does it need a USB dongle or something? does it intefere with wifi networks in your experience?
@cable_guy
'Out of the box' means that the pad is supported by Ubuntu. Of course I had to configure the actual buttons/sticks in every emulator to work the way I wanted them to.

The Amazon link you posted points exactly to the pad I bought.

Yes, the pad connects to a USB receiver.

And no, the pad's/dongle's transmitter doesn't interfere with my WLAN.

Cheers!
buy a xbox 360 gamepad for the pc, it comes with the little usb dongle that will allow you to use 3 other controllers along with it for those N64 emulators your going to want to play Wink

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:buy a xbox 360 gamepad for the pc, it comes with the little usb dongle that will allow you to use 3 other controllers along with it for those N64 emulators your going to want to play Wink

-=Jason=-

thanks for that Guwu, I really like the look of that pad, seems expensive but looks good quality, and I love Logitech stuff.

@Flomaster, that'd be a sensible thing for me to do I think, as I have 2 360 pads floating around all the time. I could even just get the adapter then use my existing 2 pads. As long as I dont need to re-sync with my 360 when I come to use it it'd be perfect. Wouldn't even be too much of an issue if I need to do that.

I found an old wired USB pad earlier I got free with Prince of Persia - Sands of Time and plugged it in but XBMC didn't notice it or work, I assume I'd need to reboot the Revo with it plugged in.

Question - do your gamepads control the XBMC menu too? I'm getting a bit tired of the Android remote control
you need to add xbox360 drivers for it to work its just not plug and play. there is a thread there documenting the installation of said drivers

-=Jason=-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Recommended gamepad for ease of use0