Beta 3 and add-ons ...
Exclamation 
Hello, I have a problem and would like help please:

My Mod Skin, but known as Aeon MQ 2 works with themes, these themes are included only the .xbt file. Even the Beta 2 version of XBMC when installing a theme the file .xbt went to the media folder of the skin without any problem, but now in Beta 3, XBMC erases the rest of the content.

I wonder if this is a bug in XBMC or a new way to see the add-ons. Huh

Depending on the response needs to change radically the way to install themes in skin ...

I appreciate the help.
i for one cannot decode what you mean.
The question is simple:

XBMC from now will support only full installation of add-on?

I can not send the repo will only xmls changed?

Aeon MQ 2 has more than 200MB and having to upload and download each update that is unacceptable.

ps. Sorry for spelling errors, English is not my native language.
It's just like if you try to write in Portuguese .... Wink
yes, we never supported anything besides full installation of add-ons. i guess what's biting you is that we now delete the dirs before we unpack a new version to make sure any stray files are wiped.

oh, and i'm norwegian, so english isn't my main language either. and i didn't mean to pick on your english, just stated that i could not understand what you asked.
I appreciate your help.

What complicates the situation is that until Beta 2 I could make minor updates and even the installation of themes in the skin, was based on this that I've been taking my job.
The skin is too large to download in full every time.

Now if it was blocked once, everything goes down below ... at least for "my skin" and all its users is very bad news.

You can either get your skin put on the official repo or host your own.
Hitcher, the Aeon MQ 2 already has working repository, the problem is I sent there only small updates and also the themes, works well until Beta 2.

With this condition of "Full-add-on" now have to send the entire skin, and send and download over 200MB every time it's bad for me, bad for anyone who uses the skin.
Although I don't have bandwidth limitations myself, I noticed this "full update only" policy.

For skins it's tough.
In the future skins will be broken down more.
Hitcher Wrote:In the future skins will be broken down more.
Good idea! You guys are always one step ahead. Nod
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Another big problem I find here:

When you have installed the update, XBMC tries to erase the previous skin right? Except that this skin is being used, then turns off only half of it .. result = not install anything and the main menu screen has black skin because half was erased ...

Beta 3 bug? In Beta 2 it never happened.
I think we should give more attention to this bug. The problem affects all skins. Then do not say I did not warn you.

Marcos, did you create a bug entry in Trac? You can login with the same details you use on the forum.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 3 and add-ons ...0