Install from scratch
Hi all,
This question has probably been answered a million times, but i can't seem to find it on the forums, so I will as and maybe someone will help me do this.

I have a 1Tb media center HDD, but I dont like the GUI on it and would like to use the XBMC stuff on it.

How do I install the XBMC and what files do I need, do I formate the HDD 1st or just delete the currnet files on there ? Thsi will not be playing of my laptop but of my LED TV.

Any help is greatly appriciated and sorry if this has been asnwered before on another thread.
Chau!
Migs
If you're using Windows just run the Dharma beta3 installer from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/. There's no need for any disk reformatting.

JR
Could you please make yourself more clearly?

You have a 1TB media center HDD? You mean a media center right? What type do you have? I guess you wan't to change the original software on that device? Mostly this is a flashed chip and not the HD that's running the OS.

What I know is that XBMC can only be installed on Linux, OS X or windows based systems. But I heard that XBMC could also be installed on a A200 but I don't have sufficient information to tell you more about that.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Roelio Wrote:Could you please make yourself more clearly?

You have a 1TB media center HDD? You mean a media center right? What type do you have? I guess you wan't to change the original software on that device? Mostly this is a flashed chip and not the HD that's running the OS.

What I know is that XBMC can only be installed on Linux, OS X or windows based systems. But I heard that XBMC could also be installed on a A200 but I don't have sufficient information to tell you more about that.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear, I have a Toshiba 1Tb StorE TV Media Center.
I'm sorry but it's not possible to install XBMC on this kind of machines.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
why not, can you explain, even if I format the HDD and install windows and xbmc on it ?
I already did in a earlier post. The OS of those devices are not running on the HD but on a Flash Chip.

It doesn't matter what you install on the HD it will always run the original program on the device itself..
Ok I have a 150gb external HDD can I use this to install XBMC on, would I need to install windows on it 1st, if so is there a setp by step instructions on how o do this ?
I don't think you understand the problem. You need a computer called (HTPC) do make this work. A operating system won't run without proper hardware. You can't use the media center from Toshiba so you either have to buy a HTPC, XBOX or a Computer to run XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install from scratch0