Games FanArt?
Holy Crap

How can I get my Games Library to look that amazing??
Ive gone through the Skin options and I dont see anywhere how to enable fanart for games.

This is what my Game Library looks like.

Sorry in advance if this is a stupidly obvious question but Ive searched around and Im just not seeing it..
Did u use the launcher program and did u put the images in a folder with each Rom file
What launcher program? Im using XBMC...and these arnt roms their copies of discs
depends on which version of transparency you are using.

v1 only supports fanart using the "fanart" view
v2 supports fanart in all views
v3 not sure, haven't tested as its brand new

just make sure you have a "fanart.jpg" in each games folder

(There is no setting to enable, it is a permanently activated feature)

RBX
Alright I understand that now, I thought it was something that was downloaded automatically..

Anyway I changed the view mode to match that and threw a nice wallpaper in the same folder and it worked, but how was the boxart used for the icon in the lower left corner?

Mine uses the icons of the game saves which doesn't look quite as awesome..

Is this another file I have to throw in there with a certain name?
Ive tried boxart.jpg thumbnail.jpg icon.jpg..

Also using 2.11 since thats apparently the last xbox compatible version from what I've read
whaevr Wrote:but how was the boxart used for the icon in the lower left corner?

this will only work if the name of the source is Games.
to do so, in xbmc, go to Programs select the source containing your games, right click and select rename.

if all went well, the skin should now show the icons in a games-shaped box.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Slightly off topic, but how do you start your games? I never figured this out: I tried it by using the executor, but somehow that does not work for me (either XBMC crashes or I get a 'c:\programs not found' error).
whaevr Wrote:Alright I understand that now, I thought it was something that was downloaded automatically..

Anyway I changed the view mode to match that and threw a nice wallpaper in the same folder and it worked, but how was the boxart used for the icon in the lower left corner?

Mine uses the icons of the game saves which doesn't look quite as awesome..

Is this another file I have to throw in there with a certain name?
Ive tried boxart.jpg thumbnail.jpg icon.jpg..

Also using 2.11 since thats apparently the last xbox compatible version from what I've read

Or simply take any image you want as your icon and rename it "default.tbn" and place it in the games folder with your "fanart.jpg"
jiver Wrote:Slightly off topic, but how do you start your games? I never figured this out: I tried it by using the executor, but somehow that does not work for me (either XBMC crashes or I get a 'c:\programs not found' error).

Assuming your speaking of xbox games as thats what whaevr was talking about

You do not need any additional launcher for xbox games. .xbe files are supported by xbmc. simply add the root folder of your games as a source and xbmc will scan all the folders within that root folder for xbe files, then display them to you in a list. simply select the game as if you were selecting a video or audio file and the game will launch.

If you speaking of PC games then you do need a launcher plugin. ie "launcher" or "executer" if your having trouble with these plugins, try requesting help in the relevant plugin threads and not in the transparency skin thread.
rudeboyx Wrote:Assuming your speaking of xbox games as thats what whaevr was talking about

You do not need any additional launcher for xbox games. .xbe files are supported by xbmc. simply add the root folder of your games as a source and xbmc will scan all the folders within that root folder for xbe files, then display them to you in a list. simply select the game as if you were selecting a video or audio file and the game will launch.

If you speaking of PC games then you do need a launcher plugin. ie "launcher" or "executer" if your having trouble with these plugins, try requesting help in the relevant plugin threads and not in the transparency skin thread.

Thanks for your reply. I was talking about PC games, not xbox games. I'll look into the executor forum, maybe I'll find some info there.
jiver Wrote:Thanks for your reply. I was talking about PC games, not xbox games. I'll look into the executor forum, maybe I'll find some info there.

I can suggest to use the Launcher Plugin. Working fine with all my PC Games.
butchabay Wrote:I can suggest to use the Launcher Plugin. Working fine with all my PC Games.

Thanks. It works with the executor now (apparently you have to use bat files as there is a problem with directory names that contain a space). The only thing is that the fanart images do not show up (I placed a fanart.jpg image in the directory where the bat file is and in the game directory).

I remember having tried the launcher plugin in the past, but I could not figure out how to link to a game exe (only directories showed up when browsing, so I couldn't select the exe file).
jiver Wrote:The only thing is that the fanart images do not show up (I placed a fanart.jpg image in the directory where the bat file is and in the game directory).

the skin disables fanart is disabled 'inside' plugins / scripts.
without going into too much details, there's a good reason for that.
you don't want the skin to try to fetch fanart online when running the Apple Movie Trailers plugin for instance.
i don't think apple would like that if you'd hammer their site for images that don't even exist there.
also it would slow down the skin a fair bit.

in the case of the executer plugin it won't be a problem of course,
but then i'll have to make exceptions for certain plugins in the skin (if possible at all).

guess i'll have to give this some thought... :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you for the explanation ronie.
Alright Ive had my games folder titled as "Games" so the icon was already shaped like a box this is what it looks like so far:

And I tried rudeboyx's suggestion and put the image I want in the Predator folder in my Games folder and renamed it default.tbn it still looks like the above.

This is the image I want to use for the icon...

Does it have to be a certain size or something??

Or do I have to clear out a cache or a folder in TDATA or UDATA possibly??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games FanArt?0