Games FanArt?
do you think making this change to the "icon" view would be another quick and easy addition? the reason i ask is that i like to see as many box arts on screen at once in the games section. and the fanart view in this skin just doesnt do it for me (having a list down the far right hand side of the screen just seems a little backwards to me). But dont get me wrong. I haven't used another skin since the release of the first version of transparency because i love the overall design and amount of features packed in whilst still being an extremely stable skin. even with all these new awsome looking skins, i just don't feel the need to stray away.

RBX
Thank you very much ronie, I'm using the launcher plugin now with your latest svn and it's working like a charm.
rudeboyx Wrote:do you think making this change to the "icon" view would be another quick and easy addition?

maybe not as quick as the previous one, but changed in svn now.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:maybe not as quick as the previous one, but changed in svn now.

um, I just loaded the newest svn version 3.11.1 (svn) and I don't notice any changes with the program addon section.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:um, I just loaded the newest svn version 3.11.1 (svn) and I don't notice any changes with the program addon section.

changes were made to the Thumbnail view.
aspect ratio is now kept for the thumbs there.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers Ronie, i'll update that badboy now. Big Grin
Hi Ronie,

Sorry for bringing this dead thread back to life but I thought I'd search for my question before posting a new topic, and this is kind of about what I'm asking...

Does T! support extra fanart for programs (games)? If it does, where do I activate it? I've tried finding it in the settings and can only find the option for Movies and TV Shows, etc...
nope, extra fanart is not supported.
Is there scope for this to be included in a future release or is it a significant piece of work?
right i've pushed something to T! svn

not sure if it's the correct way since i don't use games..but it seems to work.
rudeboyx Wrote:Assuming your speaking of xbox games as thats what whaevr was talking about

You do not need any additional launcher for xbox games. .xbe files are supported by xbmc. simply add the root folder of your games as a source and xbmc will scan all the folders within that root folder for xbe files, then display them to you in a list. simply select the game as if you were selecting a video or audio file and the game will launch.

If you speaking of PC games then you do need a launcher plugin. ie "launcher" or "executer" if your having trouble with these plugins, try requesting help in the relevant plugin threads and not in the transparency skin thread.

Surely you're talking about running XBMC on Xbox, you can't run xbox games on any other platform?
ronie Wrote:right i've pushed something to T! svn

not sure if it's the correct way since i don't use games..but it seems to work.

Wow, that was a quick turnaround, thanks Ronie. I'll give it a try and see how it works! I spent ages collecting fanart for each game so I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Thanks again.

EDIT:

Hmm... just tried it out and I'm not sure it's working the way I was expecting. But this would be because I don't think I explained it very well.

For movies there is an extra fanart folder where each movie is (if the user elects to have one) and that's where the 'use extra fanart' is taking it from, right? (I think this is how it works, correct me if I'm wrong as I don't actually use the function for film)

Within the Advanced Launcher, each 'Launcher' can be edited with an Extra Fanart directory. When activating the 'Enable Extra Fanart' from within Transparency! Settings, would it be possible for it to be 'activating' the Launchers to go to that folder for extra fanart, similar to how it is 'activating' to check for that ExtraFanart directory for movies?

To try and help explain, here's a thread in which Angelscry explains:

Angelscry Wrote:I think it you will have to ask Cirrus Extended skin developers how they display program addon extra fanarts in their skins. Advanced 'Launcher is just indicating the folder path, but does not manage how images have to be named.

I don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense so feel free to tell me I'm crazy if it doesn't. I really appreciate your efforts no matter the outcome.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out now. Thanks Ronie!

For those that are wondering: The directory you set for where the Extra Fanart will be will have to contain folders with the exact same titles of the games. Within these folders you will need an 'extrafanart' folder in which all images can be kept.

So as an example, let's say the Extra Fanart Path in the Settings of the skin is set to C:\

if the Launcher is titled 'Super's Game', the folder structure would be like so:

C:\Super's Game\extrafanart\imagetitle.jpg
C:\Super's Game\extrafanart\imagetitle2.jpg
(it seems the name of the images doesn't matter, so it does not need to be titled Folder.jpg or fanart.jpg)

Be aware though that if you have a game that has a : in the title, then it will have to be renamed to something that the Windows explorer structure allows. Example:

Launcher is for game titled "Super's Game: The Revenge".

Edit Launcher and modify title of game to something like "Super's Game The Revenge"

Folder structure:

c:\Super's Game The Revenge\extrafanart\img1.jpg
c:\Super's Game The Revenge\extrafanart\img2.jpg

and so on.

Again, thanks for your help with this Ronie

EDIT3:

One last request Ronie - at the moment I have the extrafanart directory address (so "C:\Super's Game\Extrafanart/") appearing in the lower left hand corner of the screen when I'm going through my games - is this happening to you too or am I isolated with this issue?
fecklesslout Wrote:One last request Ronie - at the moment I have the extrafanart directory address (so "C:\Super's Game\Extrafanart/") appearing in the lower left hand corner of the screen when I'm going through my games - is this happening to you too or am I isolated with this issue?

hehe, i put it there to be able to see what's going on when i was adding this feature.
must've forgotten to remove it.

it'll be gone in a bit :-)

the directory structure you mention is correct,
also, to enable it:
Skin Settings > General > Programs - Use extra fanart
Skin Settings > General > - Path: (select your games folder here)
ronie Wrote:hehe, i put it there to be able to see what's going on when i was adding this feature.
must've forgotten to remove it.

it'll be gone in a bit :-)

the directory structure you mention is correct,
also, to enable it:
Skin Settings > General > Programs - Use extra fanart
Skin Settings > General > - Path: (select your games folder here)

Actually, it was that directory address appearing that made me realise what was going on with the ExtraFanart, heh heh. I saw it and thought "hang on a second..."

But seriously, thanks again Ronie, you do really good (and amazingly fast) work. You put all this time into the skin and I really appreciate you assisting in helping others achieve their vision of an ideal home theatre system!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games FanArt?0