Games FanArt?
you need to delete the old image from your thumbnail cache

use the file manager and look in "Q/userdata/thumbnails/programs".

you can safely delete the folder "Q/userdata/thumbnails/programs". as there's no library that relies on it, so it should just get rebuilt again. (May require a reboot after)
also use folder.jpg instead of default.tbn
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:also use folder.jpg instead of default.tbn

I dont think folder.jpg will work with xbox games as it displays the games as a link to the .xbe files rather than listing and displaying the folders

heres a quick pic of the kind of games section i have

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/xbmcgames.jpg/
[url=http://a.imageshack.us/img688/4230/xbmcgames.th.jpg][/url]
I have a question maybe someone can help me with I have my roms and emulators set up with launcher and everything works fine but I can get the images to display for each Rom unless it shows the Rom file and the image file when selecting a game to play . How to u get it to display just the Rom and image for the Rom togethere?
jiver Wrote:Thanks. It works with the executor now (apparently you have to use bat files as there is a problem with directory names that contain a space). The only thing is that the fanart images do not show up (I placed a fanart.jpg image in the directory where the bat file is and in the game directory).

thought things over and the answer is pretty simple.
if the executor plugin has support for fanart, the skin will show it.

since you don't see any fanart, my guess would be the executor plugin doesn't support fanart.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
the launcher addon does support fanart btw:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84275
There has been some cool changes with the launcher plugin as of late. It now supports fanart, thumbs, genre and plot info. It will scrape your games to generate the extra genra and plot info. The only catch is that the game info can only be displayed if the skin supports it. Is it possible to mod the program view in Transparancy! so it will display the plot info.

Take a look at this thread that angelscry created. It shows how he was able to do this with the alaska revisited skin.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84275

I would like similar functionality in T! since it is my favorite skin.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Is it possible to mod the program view in Transparancy! so it will display the plot info.

sure, no problem.
added it to the svn version of T! right away. ;-)
ronie Wrote:sure, no problem.
added it to the svn version of T! right away. ;-)

Wow, thats a quick reply. Do you also grant magical wishes because that would be sweet!

*Edit
I forgot to ask, how do I get the latest SVN release. I'm using Dharma Beta 3 and I downloaded the skin through the addons. Should I just be able to see an updated version? If so I'll check this tonight.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
htpc guy Wrote:I forgot to ask, how do I get the latest SVN release. I'm using Dharma Beta 3 and I downloaded the skin through the addons. Should I just be able to see an updated version? If so I'll check this tonight.

check here for all the info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643
Ronie,

Thanks so much. It looks great. I only have one small suggestion. My thumbnails (and probibly many other people's thumbnails) vary in size depending on what console the game is from. Ex, NES thumbs would be taller and SNES thumbs would be shorter and wider. Is it possible to use the images aspect ratio when displaying them rather than placing them inside the cropped box?

Oh, and here are some screenshots in case anyone is interested (link to one of my other posts where I was plugging T!)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=638...tcount=918
How to use Git
htpc guy Wrote:Ronie,

Thanks so much. It looks great. I only have one small suggestion. My thumbnails (and probibly many other people's thumbnails) vary in size depending on what console the game is from. Ex, NES thumbs would be taller and SNES thumbs would be shorter and wider. Is it possible to use the images aspect ratio when displaying them rather than placing them inside the cropped box?[url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=638083&postcount=918][/url]

I second this one. I spend ages creating cover art for my PSX, N64, Xbox, SNES etc, but only poster sytles (xbox) display correct in some views and square styles (PSX) display correct in other views. For landscape icons (SNES, N64), there is no view that looks good . I would like an icon view that will do for all covers, so i can have a universal look through out my games section.

RBX
fanartview in programs now respects the thumb aspect-ratio.

please test. :-)
It looks great. Now none of the box art is being cropped. I also like the rounded edges. It makes it look polished and fits in well with the rest of the menus. I never thought anyone would be this quick to add new featrues. Thank you very much.Laugh

Is this going to be included in the next full release?
How to use Git
htpc guy Wrote:I never thought anyone would be this quick to add new featrues.

lol, it all depends on whether i think the request makes sense, if i believe many users will benefit from it, if it's easy to implement and if i got a minute to spare...

htpc guy Wrote:Is this going to be included in the next full release?

i don't see any reason why it shouldn't. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games FanArt?0