no sound over spdif
hello

I reinstalled my xbmcbuntu on my system Asus E35m1-I with an AMD E350 proc but now I don't have any sound anymore over my spdif

normally my sound goes over my optical spdif cable to my sound system but since my new installation of XBMC I don't have any sound anymore I tried every combination that I can think of in the sound hardware menu but I still don't have any sound

at the audio output I can choose between HDMI digital and analog it is set to digital

at the number of sound channels I have set it to 2.1 (2 speakers + 1 subwoofer)

I just dont know which option I have to choose at the audio output device and the transfer sound output device settings

can someone please help me ?

I have a little understanding of the linux CLI but not much so please describe how I must do it if you ask me for more information

with regards

tristan
Can you please state which xbmc version you use?

This thread here provides a full featured howto:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

It also tells you about asound.conf and everything else you need for your E35M1-I

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm using version 11.0 Eden

I tried the asound.conf option in the link and while I first got a message that xbmc couldn't initialize my sound (not anymore) I still don't have any sound

If I understand correctly I had to make the asound.conf right ?? because I checked and that file diddn't exist before I made it Huh

Jep you did not look enough in detail :-)

But let's do the steps manually:
please pastebin:
Code:
sudo aplay -L

We will do two things:
1.) set a correct asound.conf that makes your spdif/digital/whatever as default device
2.) set the correct outputs in xbmc configuration

And concerning the video: Without xvba you should not be able to playback 1080p H264 or VC1 at all without hacks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound over spdif0