Dharma beta 3 stuttering and some other problems
Sad 
Hello everyone,

I've just bought the Asrock ION 330ht-bd (Dual Core Atom 330 + NVIDIA ION) for my first home media center. The OS is Windows 7 Home premium.

The problem is the HD video stuttering. First I've downloaded the Dharma beta 3 (as it is the latest build with hardware acceleration support), but when I tried to play a H264 HD movie, the stuttering was quite obvious, although the hardware acceleration was turned on (the same behavior is present with the option turned off). NOTE: regardless of the stuttering, the processor usage was only around 20%.

Then I found this a thread where it turns out that there is a bug in Dharma b3 which causes the stutter but which wasn't present in Dharma b2.

So, I clean installed the beta 2 but unfortunately, the problem was still there. The processor usage was still low though.

Next, I've tried the mpc-hc and then the PowerDVD only to find out the exact same problem with HD content.

And now the fun part:

Next, I've downloaded the VLC player. Surprisingly, the stutter was almost completely gone!

And the best part:

I've removed the Dharma build and installed the stable Camelot version with no hardware acceleration support and the behavior was like VLC playback - very little or no stutter.

So I'm very confused right now. Why is the old version with no hw support working better with HD playback? Why is mpc-hc stuttering and VLC not? Am I missing some codecs or drivers?

Thank you very much in advance.
perhaps install the latest drivers from nVidia..
I've got version 260.89. It's the latest one.
I get same thing, only after FFding tho...takes 1-2 sec to catch up...also when playing a 1080i (samsung beautiful colors of miami) file, i get weird vertical lines across the wheels..and other parts(i guess when the cam is panning from side to side?)...open the file in WMP, clear as day...no lines, no stuttering...it is a .ts file...only one i have so nothing to compare it to...other 720p mkv files play great...but yeah as far as stuttering...it can be a sh*t xvid, mpg, mkv, doesn't matter, if i fast forward, it will stutter, 1-3 sec...then sync up

Weird little quirks I can work with, considering the alternatives...
Starting with beta 2, when time based fast forwarding it takes time for the video to catch up to the audio. Kinda of annoying.
aA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma beta 3 stuttering and some other problems0