• 36(current)
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds
friedfarmer Wrote:ronie,
I'm using the Dev version via TortoiseSVN with recent xbmc nightlie.
One thing I've noticed is that when using Weather Plus, there is no way to play video forecasts when using Transparency skin. It is available when using Confluence skin.

works for me.
use the 'video' button on the bottom-left of the radar map.

in case it doesn't work, please post a Debug Log on pastebin
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
master345 Wrote:ronie,

i am using the official svn using tortoise and everything! i am so happy! got rid of the passion version.

Anyway real quick question: Everything works except one thing...when i add a *particular* source or as a favourite to the home menu as a custom menu item it doesnt work. It opens a non library video screen that I cannot navigate. The favourite when used on its own works fine as well as other favourites as custom home menu items just not this one. Can you help or do you know of it as an existing bug? Whats funny is that it worked perfectly on the passion one lol. oh dear.

I know I havent followed the correct procedure ie supplying a debug log etc etc but only if you know off the top of your head ronie why this has happened or if it has happened before...

Hey Ronie

Im experiencing this problem but i have been unable to find a fix for it so apologies If a fix has been posted before
Im using the latest Pre eden nightly and Win7 x64
Can you help
Thx
J
jazzyb Wrote:Hey Ronie

Im experiencing this problem but i have been unable to find a fix for it so apologies If a fix has been posted before
Im using the latest Pre eden nightly and Win7 x64

it could be the same issue master345 was having,
if you could provide a Debug Log, i'll have a look at it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:works for me.
use the 'video' button on the bottom-left of the radar map.

in case it doesn't work, please post a Debug Log on pastebin

Video button was not available, so I updated from SVN and now it is there and working on both my Win7 and XP machines. Thanks for your time. Transparency! rocks..... Nod
I'm not sure if this is an Eden problem or Transparency.

When adding a custom menu, I choose to select the favorite, but the list is empty. I've verified I do have favorites inside of the menu on the home screen, but no favorites are available in the custom menu options.

I'm running openelec pre-eden nightly with transparency pulled from svn. Anyone else seeing this?
Adam B. Wrote:I'm not sure if this is an Eden problem or Transparency.

When adding a custom menu, I choose to select the favorite, but the list is empty. I've verified I do have favorites inside of the menu on the home screen, but no favorites are available in the custom menu options.

I'm running openelec pre-eden nightly with transparency pulled from svn. Anyone else seeing this?

make sure script.favourites is installed.
Star 
Setting up some nested sub-folders I've run into some cover issues in Video files mode.. the entry folder is gold and so are the sub folder/files.

Animations>ComicBook>Various Comic videos
gold gold

Animations>Pixar>Various Pixars Videos
gold gold

A quick refresh from file, brings in the .nfo and all looks good. But a subsequent visit and all the information is lost, and we're back to gold covers. The videos are in the library and a search brings them up, Once I enter the .nfo page, the covers look correct.. but on exit they return to gold unless I implement a refresh and pick up the info from the locally stored info.

I did a work around on some of the nested sub folders, and pulled them up a level... and that solved it. Perhaps I'm too deep or have missed a critical setting?

Using Pre-Eden 11.0 Git:20111015-7163d78 (Compiled Oct 16) Transparency! V4.0.3 (SVN)
PatK Wrote:A quick refresh from file, brings in the .nfo and all looks good. But a subsequent visit and all the information is lost

does not look like a skin issue to me.
same issue with losing info in other skins?
Star 
No: I tried it in confluence without an issue... (of course it doesn't have cover boarders) you can enter the folder, see the info as listed by the .nfo etc... Looks like something in T! related to gold folder borders... at one point everything looks good.. back out to the home directory then update lib, re-enter and the .nfo and info is no longer visable. In coverflow you have the movie synopsis popping above the covers... after the above, all the covers turn gold and the info is lost. I tired it with other views... and they're gold frame too. If I go back to confluence the folders behave normally.

I'll try without Cover borders and see if that changes anything... No I just tried it, looks like the .nfo is not accessible to that folder depth. Doing a search for a particular file in movie mode brings it up... complete with all the data. I suspect that the entry folder lacking a video 'with nothing but folders beyond is shutting the door to the folders beyond', throw a small video file on the door, and the door to that folder doesn't open.. just plays the small video. Something inconstant with how this is working... I do have a 'James Bond' sub folder in action and all the files have data and proper covers.

I'll have to go over my settings with a fine tooth comb.
A reboot brought some sense to the folder issue.
ronie Wrote:i have just pushed an update to T! svn, that requires you to use a xbmc build dated oct. 1st or up.
thanx to a new functionality in xbmc (skin variables) i was able to reduce the skin by 5000 lines of code.

i've gone over each and every file of the skin to see where code could be reduced and there's a (big) chance i've made some errors in the process.

if you notice anything out of the ordinary (missing text / incorrect text), please let me know.

It would appear the .. entry is missing from the Video area, so there is currently no way to get to the Video Plugins. I'm using cbxbiker61's pulseaudio passthrough fork, which just rebased within the past 24 hours. The .. entry was there before I upgraded, of course I had the skin variable issue, so I wonder if something else changed.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
ronie Wrote:it could be the same issue master345 was having,
if you could provide a Debug Log, i'll have a look at it.

Hi Ronie

I have had a go at creating a Debug Log If i have failed miserably at it then let me know and ill have another go Laugh

http://pastebin.com/diviaKzx
Adam B. Wrote:I'm not sure if this is an Eden problem or Transparency.

Hey ronie are you the one that maintains this script?

I came across it with 10.1 and also noticed it in the nightlies (T! svn).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=794...count=1415

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Blu-ray HD-DVD (Untouched)">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://QUAD/M/Blu-ray HD-DVD (Untouched)&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Captain America The First Avenger (2011)">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;/Users/Lee/Movies/Captain America The First Avenger (2011)/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

Seems to add an extra 'return' before the end of the path
Also it does it for local paths as well.

jazzyb Wrote:Hi Ronie

I have had a go at creating a Debug Log If i have failed miserably at it then let me know and ill have another go Laugh

http://pastebin.com/diviaKzx

yep same issue.
it appears to be a bug in xbmc and i've already passed it along to one of the xbmc devs.
live4ever Wrote:Seems to add an extra 'return' before the end of the path
Also it does it for local paths as well.

heh, indeed...the script adds a return in front of every bracket ')' in the path..

this should fix it:
script.favourites-2.0.1.zip

please test and let me know Smile
ronie Wrote:heh, indeed...the script adds a return in front of every bracket ')' in the path..

this should fix it:
script.favourites-2.0.1.zip

please test and let me know Smile

Manually installed the script and it works great. Are scripts autoupdated like other addons (or will I have to manually install on other systems)?

Thanks for your update.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! SVN for XBMC nightly builds2