New menubutton added in AddonBrowser
just a heads-up to those who don't follow trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/34887
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Good to know, thx...

Also noticed right below in strings.xml:
Quote:<string id="24099">Would you like to switch to this skin?</string>
Seems like a smart addition, for new users ateast...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Also noticed right below in strings.xml:

Seems like a smart addition, for new users ateast...

makes little sense to me...unless you'd treat other addons the same way.
if a download a screensaver or visualization for instance, i'd also have to activate it in other places, so i don't see the need to treat a skin differently.

besides, if users don't know how to activate a skin the proper way,
they also won't know how to change the skin back to the previous one if they don't like the newly downloaded one.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm with ronie
while i can agree, you probably don't deal as much with support as me. trust me, lots of peeps was confused.
true, though i wonder if this solution solves that or only adds to the confusion.
if i were a n00b and wanted to change my skin back to the previous one,
i would navigate to settings > addons, since that's where the current one got activated.
i can see that pov as i said. maybe we need to consider activate buttons in the browser.
as a short-term solution, maybe a short line in the dialog ala

'if no, you can switch to it in appearance settings later' ?
spiff Wrote:i can see that pov as i said. maybe we need to consider activate buttons in the browser.

that would be a 10 out of 10 on the user-friendliness scale. :-)

if (and whenever) this gets implemented, please also consider changing the add-on status from 'enabled' to 'activated' or 'in use'.

speaking of... would it be an option to change the 'enabled' and 'enabled add-ons' strings to 'installed' and 'installed add-ons' ?

it's kinda weird to see that all the skins i've installed are all 'enabled' at the same time...
no, cause an add-on can be installed, yet deactivated.
spiff Wrote:no, cause an add-on can be installed, yet deactivated.

not sure if i get that.

i was proposing the add-on status can be 'installed', 'activated', 'disabled' or 'broken'.
and you'd have a 'installed add-ons' and 'disabled add-ons' node.

sure, not 100% perfect, since disabled addons are also installed addons (if that's what you mean).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New menubutton added in AddonBrowser0