info button in movies
ok probably a bit premature asking this as did really no troubleshooting last night but has anyone else noticed their remotes info button has stopped working in movies view since upgrading to beta 3.

Was browsing last night and info came up from tv shows and for system from home menu but when in any of my movie views pressing the info button gave no response on either of my revos.

quite possibly my setup as I did clean installs and upgraded my server when beta 3 came out but thought I'd check if anyone else had this as I know there was changes to the keymap.xml for beta 3?
no changes to the keymap.
I thought I read the keymaps were changed in beta 3 to fully accomodate all mce remote functions?
ah true, that was the windows' remote-as-keyboard bindings.
Can you turn on debug logging then press the Info button a few times and pop the xbmc.log on pastebin.com.

JR
I am rocking xbmcFreak Beta3 and my remote worked out of the box
I just moved my custom remote.xml file over with all my tweaks and its working like it did in beta2

-=Jason=-
been playing with it tonight and still having same issue, tried on 4 seperate systems all now running beta 3 and all show same behaviour info works in all views except movies.

It's same issue using i key on keyboard and info remote call via eventghost, I've trawled through both remote and keyboard keymap.xml files and no obvious errors and taken a debug on my laptop which shows the info command is received when i key is pressed but no actions or errors triggered.

Here's the debug in which I open xbmc enter movies try launching info a few times on first couple of movies to which nothing happens then exit movies and successfully launch info on a couple of tv shows.

***edit***
not in debug log but if I bring up context menu and select movie information it works that way

anyone able to see what I'm missing?
As far as I can see the I keypress is working as expected. Looking through your log I see multiple occurrances of:

DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 23, sym: 105, unicode: 105, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61513 pressed, action is Info

so the key processing looks OK, which is a relief given that I was the (second from) last person to modify the keymap :-). However in the first part of the log I see several occurences of:

DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 23, sym: 105, unicode: 105, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61513 pressed, action is Info
DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in metadata.imdb.com.'

Could this be related?

JR
Yeah I looked through the keymaps and there definitely doesn't look to be anything in them changing the info behaviour.

I can try changing back to tmdb as default tonight and see if it makes a difference, I don't think the revos were changed though as this is more of my testbed xbmc and I use ember for all my scraping. If it was any issue with the scraper though should it not affect it trying to bring up the info if triggered from the context menu? At the moment it only seems to be no response to the info button being pressed?

Thanks for the idea though, I'll definitely try it out.
Well a huge thank you for the imdb suggestion, not sure why it's caused this but issue was actually that the imdb scraper, although not being used, was not installed.

Seems TMDB is default and IMDB disabled by default with beta 3 so had to go to xbmc addon and install imdb scraper from movie info. After install left TMDB as default but info now displays as expected in library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
info button in movies0