Poor playback on XBMC vs. Win7
Hi all. I recently picked up an ION2 box and installed Ubuntu 10.10 and XBMC (non-svn) on it.

I've tried watching a 720p (x264 encoded) video in XBMC and during playback the video periodically stutters for a few moments and the audio/video falls out of sync. I've also tried watching a 1080p VC1 video and it completely stutters.

I've tried the same videos with the machine booted into Win7 with media player classic and it handles them fine. Even the VC1 playback is smooth as butter (I'm using my Planet Earth blurays, and even the scene with the millions of birds is fine).

Any idea what is wrong? I've been using XBMC for ages now and would hate to have to ditch it Sad

In case it matters, I am streaming these videos across a LAN with no other traffic, my machine has 2GB of RAM and a dual-core Atom with HT. I have also manually selected the vdpau playback setting in XBMC -- Media Player Classic uses DXVA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Smile
Probably gonna want to give us a debug log. You shouldn't be experiencing many problems, and a debug log will tell the devs exactly what's going wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poor playback on XBMC vs. Win70