[LIVE] Dharma Beta 3 mostly working but no internet
I just installed the Dharma Beta 3 on my HTPC (first time I've tried Dharma). I can connect to my desktop's SMB shares and add my media no problem. I can also connect to the system with SFTP. But it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet - there is RSS feed and I can't see any Add-Ons.

What should I try to fix this? I never had this problem on previous XBMC Live installations.

Log: http://pastebin.com/Nwtgxjch

Thanks!
Anyone?
Can you get to the Internet using a browser? If not try getting new IP by doing:

sudo dhclient eth0
well it seems like you're on the LAN ok if you can see SMB stuff and access it via ssh. sudo dhclient eth0 will just refresh the dhcp request and reassign your IP (and will only do that if eth0 is the name of your network interface.. it'll be called something different if you're using wireless).

perhaps its some weird user rights thing or something. tricky to say. can you ping your gateway (you can find it with the 'route' command) and can you ping, say, google.com?

if you havent got a normal web browser, you could test web page viewing with a CLI browser like links.
Code:
sudo apt-get install links
links google.com
I'm having almost the exact same problem with xbmc-live installed via the Ubuntu 10.04 PPA.

The machines network works perfectly from the command line, and I have samba & deluge servers running no problems, and did almost the entire install & configure via SSH from my desktop. I tested ping/nslookup/etc... from the command line as the xbmc user as well to make sure it wasn't a user permissions problem. And it's just on eth0, nothing strange at all in the config. (It is a static ip, but dns is configured properly.)

The only thing I can think is something funny is happening when upstart fires up xbmc-live, but I'm just using the stock scripts that were installed with it. But the end result is all attempts to access the net from inside xbmc fail.

EDIT: It's IPV6. Common problem with ubuntu from what I understand. Adding ipv6.disable=1 into my grub start options fixed it instantly. See thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83339

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma Beta 3 mostly working but no internet0