Problem with automatic scanning of video folders
Hi,

my movies are organized in lots of different folders on different external hds. The folders are named after genres: action, comedy etc. In the folders are DVDs organized with moviename equals foldername and the VOBs below that. So I have to configure using the foldername as criteria for the moviename. Each time after starting XBMC the system is watching for new movies. Everything works fine expect two things:

1.) xbmc is looking for movies named like the genrefolder. So it founds for example action as movie and yes there is a movie named action in the imdb but ...

2.) Each start xbmc is looking for new movies and it seems that it means that the folder changes all the time. Then xbmc stores a new movie named action. After ten starts there is ten times the movie action in the db and I don't own the movie, not even one time.

Sorry about my bad english - I hope it is possible to understand what my problem is and hope there is somebody to help me.

Greatings
Fred
Is there a possibility to use something like stopwords? So that I could say: don't scan "Action"?
yes, see <excludefromscan> advancedsetting.
spiff Wrote:yes, see <excludefromscan> advancedsetting.

Thanks, but As I understand excludefromscan then the whole folder will not be scanned. But what I need is that xbmc scans the whole folder but doesn't look for the genre-folder-name as moviename.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with automatic scanning of video folders0