XBMC Live Not installing/booting from USB?
Hi

This is my first post, I am a bit of an XBMC newbie, and know very little about Linux...

I am running a Foxconn NT330i (OEMd by Novatech)

I have XBMC (Dharma 2 and 3 release) working on Windows 7, and also directly from the XBMC Live CD (demo mode). When I try to install XBMC to a USB drive, the install runs through perfectly, and the box shutsdown as expected.

On startup booting from USB, it gives me three options:
Ubuntu
Ubuntu (recovery mode)
Windows 7

So I select Ubuntu... the screen then goes black for a while, and the XBMC logo pops up. After a bit, this logo disappears, and I am left with the following error on screen (it's something like this, I may have to double check the numbers):

Quote:ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/e3a4a8a6-b4b8-43b6-9676-5156becda79c does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu7) built-in shell (ask)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands

(initanfs)

From thereon, I have no idea what to do. I understand from other posts that this may be todo with the UUID of the partition on my USB key, but seeing as it was the XBMC Live installer that created the partitions in the first place, I cannot see how this could have happened...

I have tried the install 5 times now on several USB keys and with both Dharma 2 and 3....

Any thoughts on how I can fix it?

Cheers

Luke
Fixed.

Was a problem with the USB drive. Bought a new one, installed fine and now gives me the option to boot into Windows 7 or Linux as expected.

Luke

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Not installing/booting from USB?0