Best Folder Structure
I am putting together a HTPC on a Mac Mini with XBMC. I have 2TB of storage and want to start things out right. What is the best folder structure for the media?

So far I have

Movies
TV Shows
Music
Pictures
Videos
Programs
Emulators

Is it as simple as that? Are there any tips people can give me before I start copying the media over?
looks good, what ever works for you

Movies/Movie name (year)/movie.mkv

Tv Shows/Tv Show Name/season01/lost - s01e01 - pilot (1).avi

is how I have my folders setup.

-=Jason=-
Perfect, thanks..

This is a totally seperate question, but is there a scraper for Music? Like something that will go out and get album art etc?
colesy Wrote:Perfect, thanks..

This is a totally seperate question, but is there a scraper for Music? Like something that will go out and get album art etc?

media monkey

-=Jason=-
colesy Wrote:Perfect, thanks..

iTunes on Mac?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

As far as Movies and TV there isn't really a must do structure except for TV you must have a folder with the show name other than that its what makes sense to you Smile

Mine aren't much different than Flomasters, for my movies I have used

\Movies\HD\Movie name\movie.mkv
\Movies\SD\Movie name\movie.mkv
Star 
colesy Wrote:Movies
TV Shows
Music
Pictures
Videos
Programs
Emulators

I might add that sub folders by genre, off-line, trailers will help in future sorts and exclusions of more difficult subjects like documentary's from scraping.
Thanks guys.. Media Monkey is working good as well..

One last off topic question.. The font on my xbmc is so big that the menu items overlap eachother.. I can't seem to figure out where the heck to check it, or what the issue is.

I tried google, and forum search..
Are you using Aeon because if so your using the wrong fonts for that version
>>X<<' Wrote:Are you using Aeon because if so your using the wrong fonts for that version

Ya sorry.. I am using Aeon.. Just curious why the skin wouldn't come with the right fonts? Anyway, where do I download them?
PatK Wrote:I might add that sub folders by genre, off-line, trailers will help in future sorts and exclusions of more difficult subjects like documentary's from scraping.

I did run in trouble with the subfolder structure genre. To let xbmc scan the folders below you have to klick scan recursively and then xbmc looks for the genre ie action as if it would be a movies name. And there is one - so you have a movie that isn't a really one. And to me it even worse: it seems to think that this folder changes all the time, so after every scan there is another wrong movie in the DB :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Folder Structure0