Can't see videos
I just installed XBMC yesterday. Running Ubuntu on and athlon II X4 and I have videos stored on a server and they can not be seen on the XBMC screen, but I can see them when watching with VLC. Any help for the newbie. Forgot to add they are .avi videos.

I am also looking to make this HTPC a DVR or make the server a DVR and watch it here. Any threads to point me at?
Star 
I see this is your first post... I'm a fellow newbie to XBMC too (so I'm only one step ahead of you). But perhaps we can work this out... reading some of the messages here and linked with the help, tutorials and faqs will get you far.

Given that: you have installed and loaded up one of the many versions of XBMC, you need to tell the program were your files are located... You do that by clicking on the button 'video' and then click on the button 'add source' and browser to the mother load.

Given that video files should be in their own folder etc.... following the conventions in the http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=XBMC wiki you should have something....
I'm going to read the wiki, but I already added the video folder on the server drive as a source. The video is playing, I can hear it but can't see it at all today. Last night it was working better and was almost black and white.

I tried messing with setting, but can't get this working
OK, these video are easily found under the video button. They are found and play, but I can not see the video and can hear it running. These video play fine with VLC but don't play video on ZBMC.

Do I need to make setting changes or add scripts? I know some of these avi's will not play om WMP or media center on other computers. I am just wondering if it as code issue or something else I need to account for?
Try setting render method to basic shaders(arb).
where do I find "render method"?

I looked in settings and did not see it.
System->Video->Playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see videos0