• 2(current)
[VBS/Pitchfork/Crunchyroll] maruchan addons repository
Which extra folder? I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the fact that I created the ZIP under OSX, which loves to include hidden files and folders. I'll try rezipping it under Windows 7 today.
maruchan Wrote:Also, I've got the Crunchyroll plugin working again (turns out it isn't SWF-Verify 2; they just switched CDNs and the new URL format was confusing.) It's not uploaded yet but I'll try to get around to it soon.

Am I correct in concluding that has not yet been released? CR currently only shows listings and even providing my login (I'm a premium user) didn't help. It more than I've been able to use CR under XBMC so far tho - kudos for the good work!

I took a crack at writing my own plugin but I got stuck in the exploratory phase, so I'm wondering: do you decode the subtitles and play the anime in XBMC or do you use the Boxee method where the CR flashplayer is used for playback? (With all the tearing and lagging - its rubbish imho but all I got) - Edit, I got my answer, nice one! Smile

About the extra folder: there is a MacOS hidden (dotted) folder with meta-data in the zip. I manually installed so I didn't copy it in the first place.

Edit: since I have the patience of a gold fish I decided to find the CDN change and I tried adjusting it in the Python code - still no luck. I also updated the player version - no dice either. Nothing plays, from premium to standard content. Weird thing is that the error is in the RTMP player (NetStream.Failed). Perhaps that is still the CDN bug though...

Edit 2: I found a bug during my unsuccesful attempt to fix it myself: when not using a user account to view CR, the 'opener' object is not set properly, resulting in an error. Fix by adding in 'resources/lib/crunchy_video.py' on line 127 something like 'self.opener = opener'.
I uploaded the latest Crunchyroll fix. It seems to work OK, but again, I rarely use Crunchyroll so there are bound to be all sorts of bugs. If you encounter an issue, please post a log.
The update does not set the opener object when not using credentials, see my previous post.

Cheers for the update, I'm installing now Smile
Thanks for the heads up--should be fixed in version 2.1.1, which is in the repo now.
I noticed a couple of things with the CR plugin.

First: some of the views like the recently added show names like "Episiode 22" and "Episode 302". Combined with the thumbnail I can distinguish which show they belong to but its not quite handy. Perhaps its possible to return something like: "Bleach - Episode 302" instead?

Second: every now and then the video loops back. It varies from a couple of seconds to well over 30 seconds but there is some garbage on the screen during the transition. I doubt this is something you can fix as XBMC itself is playing the stream, but I'm mentioning it just in case.

Finally, I get an exception when playing videos. It was working last night and broke today...

Code:
21:35:27 T:140537807550208 M:1252470784   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ValueError
21:35:27 T:140537807550208 M:1252470784   ERROR: Error Contents: Invalid id or value!
21:35:27 T:140537807550208 M:1252470784   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/default.py", line 19, in ?
                                                crunchyroll.Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/resources/lib/crunchy_main.py", line 130, in __init__
                                                self.checkMode()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/resources/lib/crunchy_main.py", line 147, in checkMode
                                                UI().startVideo()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/resources/lib/crunchy_main.py", line 122, in startVideo
                                                CrunchyPlayback().startPlayback(self.main.args.id, self.main.args.page_url, self.main.args.resolutions)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/resources/lib/crunchy_video.py", line 152, in startPlayback
                                                player_revision = self.checkPlayer('http://www.crunchyroll.com/naruto/episode-193-the-man-who-died-twice-567104')
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.crunchyroll/resources/lib/crunchy_video.py", line 37, in checkPlayer
                                                __settings__.setSetting("lastPlayerCheck", time.time())
                                            ValueError: Invalid id or value!
I will look into a better way of listing the episodes. Also, that error you got should be fixed in the latest version (2.1.1)... which version are you using?
It might be 2.1.0 but I can't get XBMC to refresh the addon listing. Last time I resorted to replacing the files by hand...

Edit: I removed the plugin and installed it again using the GUI. While the reported version is 2.0, the changelog said 2.1.1 and now its working again.
The repo installation keeps failing.
To everyone who's having issues with the repo failing during install: try the new version that I just uploaded. I created it in Windows rather than OSX and it seems to install just fine on my end.
maruchan Wrote:To everyone who's having issues with the repo failing during install: try the new version that I just uploaded. I created it in Windows rather than OSX and it seems to install just fine on my end.

Tried it. No dice on Linux.
The log just says it's not a valid plugin.
Man, this is extremely annoying. Is anyone willing to try unzipping the file manually (outside of XBMC) and dropping the resulting folder into their /addons/ directory to see if it works? I'm really confused why it's not working when it worked perfectly fine before 10.0 final and conforms to the specifications.
maruchan Wrote:Man, this is extremely annoying. Is anyone willing to try unzipping the file manually (outside of XBMC) and dropping the resulting folder into their /addons/ directory to see if it works? I'm really confused why it's not working when it worked perfectly fine before 10.0 final and conforms to the specifications.

I installed XBMC on Win7, used "Install from ZIP" (worked) and installed the CR plugin + ran it - all works.

MoseIlla: you sure u are using 10.0?
I added a new proof-of-concept plugin which will allow you to play your iTunes Library via Plex Media Server. Although Plex Media Server is for Mac OSX only, the plugin should work on any operating system (tested on Win 7 and OSX 10.6)
Am I the only one who doesn't get premium content at Crunchyroll anymore? I see in the logs that it attempts to log in (using the correct credentials) but there isn't a confirmation (no clue if it did that before). However, when trying to watch new episodes it tells me my account cannot watch those.

I've tested using a browser and Boxee and there everything works... It might just be a fluke or something but restarting XBMC didn't help - its been like this at least half a day.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[VBS/Pitchfork/Crunchyroll] maruchan addons repository1