Custom menu items - directly add playlists?
So I just started to play around with Custom menus on the homescreen. Currently, you can add anything that is set as a Favourite. Could we also get a way to add playlists directly? For an example, Night you can add Favorites and/or playlists to the homescreen.
nice, never thought of that. i may add it as well.
currently just add your playlist to favourites and select it that way.
a bit more work, but should work just as well.

make sure you've got the latest version of script.favourites (1.0.4) installed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah, also, when I do it by adding it to favorites, the problem I have is the only action is to play the playlist when it is selected and not just view it. For example, I have a smart playlist for kids movies and I'm trying to add a menu with the playlist directly off the homescreen, but when i select it, it just starts playing it. I'd like to just be able to view it instead.
will see if i can add some open/play option for playlists.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Exclamation 
I will ask here, better then open new thread ...

I have some issue with favorites and custom menu on home window but I dont know is it bug (xbmc bug or T! bug) or its only me Rolleyes
But I can say that same issue get my friend too Shocked
Whey I make my custom menu and I associate it with existing favorite (witch is btw folder located on D:/ disc)
i get some kind of "share error massage" witch tells me that path is incorrect and cant find location.
I get same error massage when I tray to open it through "favorites" menu.
I make that favorite through "file manager". Addons putted in favorites works good, its happen only with folder/file locations...
Zrino Wrote:I get same error massage when I tray to open it through "favorites" menu.

then it's an xbmc bug for sure. :-)
gabbott Wrote:Yeah, also, when I do it by adding it to favorites, the problem I have is the only action is to play the playlist when it is selected and not just view it. For example, I have a smart playlist for kids movies and I'm trying to add a menu with the playlist directly off the homescreen, but when i select it, it just starts playing it. I'd like to just be able to view it instead.

added an option in skin settings > scripts

select your preferred setting before adding playlists (through favourites) as submenu items.
Hi ronie - I was just chatting with mcborzu about this.

I'm in the same boat using the favourites script. It used to work in a way that let you add your video playlist favourites as shortcut items that could be viewed. However now the script replaces activatewindow with playmedia for video playlists. Would it not be simpler to just change that back around for video playlists?
ronie Wrote:added an option in skin settings > scripts

select your preferred setting before adding playlists (through favourites) as submenu items.

Excellent, I will test shortly Smile
Sharpe Wrote:Hi ronie - I was just chatting with mcborzu about this.

I'm in the same boat using the favourites script. It used to work in a way that let you add your video playlist favourites as shortcut items that could be viewed. However now the script replaces activatewindow with playmedia for video playlists. Would it not be simpler to just change that back around for video playlists?

well, you're running the favourites script like this right?
XBMC.RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)

change it to
XBMC.RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)
to get the old behaviour back.

the playlist=* option was broken in previous versions of script.favourites

Just did a quick test and seems to be working as intended. Now I can add additional navigational video playlists to the homescreen.
ronie Wrote:well, you're running the favourites script like this right?
XBMC.RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)

change it to
XBMC.RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)
to get the old behaviour back.

the playlist=* option was broken in previous versions of script.favourites

Oh that's awesome I'd forgot all about the dialogfavourites.xml - thanks mate.
Sharpe Wrote:Hi ronie - I was just chatting with mcborzu about this.

I hope that you would leave things as they are now Ronie. Either that or make it a selectable option to either play immediately or view the listing. I prefer the way it is now, to Play now. Please don't change back video playlist to activatewindow.

Also...is the new option to add a playlist to the homescreen in the current download now?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:I hope that you would leave things as they are now Ronie. Either that or make it a selectable option to either play immediately or view the listing. I prefer the way it is now, to Play now. Please don't change back video playlist to activatewindow.

Also...is the new option to add a playlist to the homescreen in the current download now?

Thanks,
Mark

play is still the default setting.
i only added an option to change it to view if you want to.

playlist can be added if you add them to favourites first.

moved the option to:
Skin Settings > Home Window > Play playlists in submenus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom menu items - directly add playlists?0