[WIP] New Skin Mockup
here is a movie libary view.

please stop hijacking my board, i have explained in three posts now.
I'm not trying to hijack buddy. I was just noticing the similarities! That's all. It's ok man, looks good!
Really like the movie view. Concise, lots of info and graphics in a clean, uncluttered layout.

As for the "Hey, did you swipe this dude's ideas?" comments, while I know most of them are in fun, as Jezz said, there are only so many ways to present information, so similarities are bound to occur (plus, I really don't see that many similarities to Griffith's home page, other than they both have words and numbers on them)

If I was a designer just starting out, I'd be a little put off on trying to put together a skin if all I got was "Hey, that looks like skin X! Why are you ripping it off?!"
thanks terranq.

i was thinking about putting the media flags with the main fanart image in the bottom right, not sure if this is possible, can someone please let me know.
or would it be easier to put them under the movie info?
another movie libary view, i know the covers are just mirrored but you get the point lol.

coverflow idea i always loved.

how do you change item on this view?
which view?
the mirored coverflow
just left or right.
working on more views atm, still nobody has come forward to help code it Sad
steadler Wrote:working on more views atm, still nobody has come forward to help code it Sad

I don't want this to come across too negative but you have to understand what a huge undertaking coding a skin from start to finish.

It's all well and good posting mock-ups of the 'eye candy' of a skin (Home, Movie, TV and Music Views, etc) but without knowing if it'll get past these screens and onto the less glamorous ones (Settings, File Manager, Playlist Editors, etc) you might find it hard attracting a coder. The forum has plenty of skin mock-ups/concepts/ideas that never went any further.

Having said that, I do wish you the best and will gladly help out anyone who does start coding.

EDIT: Take a look at all the windows that need to be done -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...n_Controls
thanks hitcher for the link, i didnt realise how much was involved lol, but i will try my best to get the skin up and runinng, and will even atempt starting to code it myself, after i have designd everything.

thanks again.
steadler Wrote:here is a movie libary view.

I have to say I really like this view a lot. However, it drives me crazy not being able to see a few movies ahead and behind. What are your thoughts about shrinking that poster just slightly, getting rid of the arrows probably, and putting maybe 2 or 3 movie listings above and below it (just the movie name, not icons)? Just an idea Smile Anyway, looks nice. I like your movie views a lot.
thanks for the reply timdog, thats actually the next view i was working on, its taking a little longer becvause i havent been well for the last few days, but i will get round to finifhing it.
All I can say is that these mockups where perfect Big Grin To bad Hitcher is right.

Wish you all the best, really!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] New Skin Mockup0