• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
That change worked. Thanks so much!
Hi, thanks for your time and effort on this add-on. I just installed it. Running Crystalbuntu on Atv1. I have 12 500 songs across 750 albums. I have tried the playlist generator on over 20 songs (by popular artists/well known songs) and it hasn't found a match yet. Running v1.08 off repo.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I need to install or do?

Help appreciated!!
muppetman Wrote:Hi, thanks for your time and effort on this add-on. I just installed it. Running Crystalbuntu on Atv1. I have 12 500 songs across 750 albums. I have tried the playlist generator on over 20 songs (by popular artists/well known songs) and it hasn't found a match yet. Running v1.08 off repo.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I need to install or do?

Help appreciated!!

Can you post the log? I've never tried it on linux, but I believe it should work there as well.
Here you go.

http://pastebin.com/NMTck3SC

Many thanks for your help!!
I can see from your log that matches are being found (see all the "NOTICE: Found:" entries in the log file)

There might be and issue with file paths stored in the library db, but for now can you try changing the settings to:
Allow same track to play more than once = YES
Prefer different artist = NO
Hi ErlendSB,

I've been experiencing some random hangs recently during music playback and I'm pretty sure they only occur when your partymode script is running.

I am using the latest nightlies.

Here's a debug log of XBMC hanging during last.fm playlist generator playback. it always makes it through a few songs before hanging in the middle of one.

(I made a general post about this issue here)

Thanks so much. I hope we can figure this out as I am missing having the use of this great script! Smile

Also, I was just wondering if you ever looked into my (probably too difficult) request to lessen the occurrences of "no result found":

kiboy6 Wrote:I think the issue may just be that there are many songs that surprisingly have no "people who listen to this also like" results on last.fm.

eg. Indestructible by Robyn

Is there anything clever you could do for songs like this? Perhaps just base it on the artist somehow, maybe by using results from another song of theirs that does have results.
Sorry that I jump into this Thread, but looks like I have a similar problem.

I get always the message:
"no similar tracks were found"

If I look at the Log-File it looks like the script found similar tracks.

Can you advice me what I have to do?

http://pastebin.com/13Cx1YAA
kiboy6:
I had a quick look at your debug log, and can´t see any obvious reason why it hangs.
From the log I see you´re using the artist slideshow addon, which I believe uses LaftFM as well. The might be an issue with polling lastfm´s apis too many times during a short timespan. Can you try disabling the artist slideshow and see if it helps.
knaxman Wrote:Sorry that I jump into this Thread, but looks like I have a similar problem.

I get always the message:
"no similar tracks were found"

If I look at the Log-File it looks like the script found similar tracks.

Can you advice me what I have to do?

http://pastebin.com/13Cx1YAA

Just to make it clear:
"No similar tracks are found" is displayed when the track you are listening to does not have a similar track in your library. When a similar track is found, no message wil be displayed. The similar track is silently being added to your "now playing" playlist. (press Space to access this playlist when in the music library)

From the log file, I see that the addon finds similar tracks in your library:
ie: NOTICE: Found: Dakota by: Stereophonics

This track should now be added to your playlist. Can you please verify that this do in fact happen? If it does, can you try starting a playlist item manually from here?
ErlendSB Wrote:kiboy6:
I had a quick look at your debug log, and can´t see any obvious reason why it hangs.
From the log I see you´re using the artist slideshow addon, which I believe uses LaftFM as well. The might be an issue with polling lastfm´s apis too many times during a short timespan. Can you try disabling the artist slideshow and see if it helps.

With further testing it seems as though you may be right.

Although not exactly scientific, I am so far unable to replicate the hang if I disable the artist slideshow addon altogether.

Interestingly I can replicate the hang if the addon remains enabled but is not used. ie It still hangs if the addon is enabled, but I disable the skin option to show the slideshow.

Any ideas how we can get around this? I love both addons so much it would be a great sadness if they can't be used together Smile

Thanks Smile
The only thing that comes to mind, is the frequency the addon polls the lastfm api. I´m guessing both addons use the same lastfm api licence key and I believe there is a limit on how many times one can access lastfm´s api with the same licence key.

It this addon´s case, I poll lastfm when a new track starts playing (you can add a delay in the settings from when the track starts playing till it starts a lastfm query).

So I´m guessing, the slideshow addon uses the same mechanism, resulting in two requests within a short timespan, causing lastfm to reject one. (I wildly guessing/raving here)

You could try changing the delay setting, and see if it that works.
I´ll ponder some more and try replicating the hang on my side.
Hi Erlend - thanks for looking into this.

I don't think the delay setting will change anything because it's impossible to predict when the slideshow script will initiate it's next query to last.fm.

I wish the slideshow addon would query the last.fm api predictably when a new song starts, but Ronie isn't a python expert and can't do this at the moment. For now it only makes the next query when all images for the preceding artist have finished downloading. (Re-querying at the start of each new song would make things much slicker. As as it stands on my slow connection I often get the wrong artist's pics delayed for a prolonged period.)

Anyway, if you can replicate the hangs at your end, hopefully between you and Ronie we can figure out a way to make the two scripts play nice together.

Thanks!
Hi again,

Just wondering if anybody else has had issue running conjunction with the last.fm slideshow script.

These two addons are are central part of my ideal XBMC experience - so it's really sad not being able to run them together!

Ina any case, any ideas why XBMC should hang altogether when last.fm's api gets polled too rapidly in succession?

Thanks Smile
I'd just like to report, that this is working flawlessly on an Apple TV 2 using Pre-Eden Git: 20110924-0074b5e. Nice work.

One minor humble request: Could the plugin be moved to the addons section of music? Right now it's in the programs section, which for me is otherwise empty. I'd very much like to delete the programs section from my homescreen and it is a music addon after all.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Hi,
i have updated to Eden beta 3 and seems like the scripts isnt working.
no tracks are found no matter what song.
i have tried to install version 1.0.4 and than to update (that usually works).
can someone assist?

Code:
16:27:52 T:5128   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader\' is not currently supported for service addon
16:27:57 T:5352   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window tv
16:27:57 T:6096   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:27:57 T:6096 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/executable/fanart.jpg
16:27:57 T:3864 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.artistslideshow/fanart.jpg
16:27:57 T:6800 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:27:57 T:6800 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
16:27:58 T:3864 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM/fanart.jpg
16:27:59 T:3764 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:27:59 T:3764  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:27:59 T:3764   ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\default.py:9: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = os.path.join( os.getcwd(), "resources" )
16:27:59 T:3764   ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\default.py:17: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(%s)' % os.path.join( os.getcwd(), "pm.py" ))
16:27:59 T:6008  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:27:59 T:6008   ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\pm.py:185: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
16:27:59 T:6008   ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\pm.py:42: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
16:28:09 T:3396  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:28:09 T:5352   ERROR: Incorrect movie stacking regexp format:[(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:(?:ar)?t)|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$]
16:28:09 T:5352   ERROR: Incorrect movie stacking regexp format:[(.*?)([ ._-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$]
16:28:09 T:5352   ERROR: Incorrect movie stacking regexp format:[(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:(?:ar)?t)|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$]
16:28:09 T:5352   ERROR: Incorrect movie stacking regexp format:[(.*?)([ ._-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$]
16:28:10 T:6008  NOTICE: onPlayBackStarted waiting:  2 seconds
16:28:12 T:2748  NOTICE: onPlayBackStarted started
16:28:12 T:2748  NOTICE: Any Love started playing
16:28:12 T:2748  NOTICE: Playing file: D:\Music\Massive Attack\Singles 90-98 [Disc 1]\Massive Attack-Any Love.mp3
16:28:12 T:2748  NOTICE: Fanart:special://profile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/3a6443a9.tbn
16:28:12 T:5352   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window tv
16:28:12 T:2748   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:28:12 T:2748  NOTICE: Count: 0
16:28:15 T:2748  NOTICE: None found

10x!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5