• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
(2014-05-06, 08:51)ErlendSB Wrote: Kiboy6: I do believe there will be a problem if the track number is part of the title tag, as I'm using the title tag to query last.fm
http://www.last.fm/music/Pink+Floyd/_/Time/+similar
vs
http://www.last.fm/music/Pink+Floyd/_/4+Time/+similar (which does not return any matches)

hey Erlend.. long time Smile

Anyway, rather sad to read your response as I just spent ages retagging my entire library specifically to include track numbers at the beginning of the title tag! (Makes life much prettier / easier for me in other areas of XBMC and when using the same tracks on MP3 player).

I don't suppose there's be any chance you could provide an option or a simple mod that would query last.[/i]fm with "title tag with leading numbers omitted"? (ie. only query last.fm with everything after " - " in title tag).

Sorry to be a nuisance - if you were able to do that it would be a great help to me and anyone else with numbers in their title tags!
(2014-05-06, 08:51)ErlendSB Wrote: I haven't tested it on Gotham final yet, but it works for me on Beta 4.

I can confirm it works perfectly on Gotham. Thanks for the great app.

Btw, is there any way to enable it during startup?
Hi there, I really like the idea of this. It's similar functionality to Pandora which I love

I can't install it at all here. The repo doesn't want to install on Gotham (yes I did change the XBMC to Gotham in top left corner
When I try to get the script from github, gotham says incompatible.

Could you attach the script please because I don't know what else to do
Thanks
The script has currently stopped playing the next song.
Example.

I'll start a song, the script will correctly create 5 new songs, but after the first song, it doesn't play the next song, it just stops?

Anyone else ?
I'm having problems here. The script no longer finds similar songs and adds them to the list. Basically just nothing happens after I started the script. I'm using gotham 13.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

Here's a log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=222963

Could you have a look please? Thanks in advance, cheers.
(2014-06-10, 19:51)DarkHelmet Wrote: I'm having problems here. The script no longer finds similar songs and adds them to the list. Basically just nothing happens after I started the script. I'm using gotham 13.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

Here's a log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=222963

Could you have a look please? Thanks in advance, cheers.

It seems like the LastFM apis are down at the moment.
hey, having problems with your addon too. anyone who can help me with that please?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=234745

i'm on frodo 12.3, win7. a few month ago it worked for me. i'm not logged in at last.fm/libre.fm service in xbmc-settings, actually have installed both services as single addons. i scrobble everything to libre first, then librefm forward every track to lastfm. i only use lastfm for love/ban-option which is included in my skin (custom.confluence.mod by Mudislander)
There is something wrong with your advancedsettings.xml
Trying removing the line: <!-- 252420 -- number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory -->
It works! I thought this is how I comment sth out. Am I wrong? Thx a lot my friend
(2014-05-16, 13:17)jjmucker Wrote: The script has currently stopped playing the next song.
Example.

I'll start a song, the script will correctly create 5 new songs, but after the first song, it doesn't play the next song, it just stops?

Anyone else ?

Is it just me who gets this error? If it is indeed an error. I have it running on my other 2 machines fine too.
(2014-05-07, 10:53)kiboy6 Wrote: hey Erlend.. long time Smile

Anyway, rather sad to read your response as I just spent ages retagging my entire library specifically to include track numbers at the beginning of the title tag! (Makes life much prettier / easier for me in other areas of XBMC and when using the same tracks on MP3 player).

I don't suppose there's be any chance you could provide an option or a simple mod that would query last.[/i]fm with "title tag with leading numbers omitted"? (ie. only query last.fm with everything after " - " in title tag).

Sorry to be a nuisance - if you were able to do that it would be a great help to me and anyone else with numbers in their title tags!

hi again - sorry to bug you about this.....do you think there could be any chance of adding this feature? (option to ignore numbers and special characters like "-" when querying last.fm api)

Would be a massive help, as there are other very valid reasons for keeping track numbers in the title field for some users (including me Wink )

Thanks so much if there's anything you could do about this Smile
Actually.....don't know if anybody else wants that feature I requested above...., but I've decided to re-organise my library without those track numbers again....thanks anyway Erlend Smile
Hi Erlend,

Just realised a reason why a lot of my songs return no results.

I tag my mp3s with the official xbmc approved method when they have multiple artists.

(Ie instead of Chris Brown feat. tyga or something like that I would tag th artist field : "Chris Brown / Tyga")

The use of a separator like this is mentioned in the official wiki:

Quote:Multiple artists for either a track or album artist can be specified in "Artist1 / Artist2 / Artist3" format.

However I'm pretty sure that such Artist names are rejected when queried at the last.fm api.

Therefore, would it be possible to make a small tweak to the script that only sent the first (main) artist to be queried? In other words the api would be queried with only everything upto the first occurrence of " / " in the artist field.

Please let me know if this might be possible. Would make a huge difference to all users you use your script and have their mp3s tagged with multiple artist separators.

Thanks so much - despite being several years old now this is still by far may most used XBMC addon script!
@kiboy6 Sorry for not responding earlier. Glad you are still enjoying this fossil Smile I thought mp3 tags had a "contributing artist" tag, is this something you can use? I believe there are some good mp3 tag software out there that can help you automate this task.
If not, your request should be possible to implement, but I'm overloaded with other work atm. Feel free to fork the github project and submit a pull request to Mortstar (who is hosting the plugin)
(2014-08-22, 13:54)ErlendSB Wrote: . Feel free to fork the github project and submit a pull request to Mortstar (who is hosting the plugin)

No worries - this "fossil" still does the job beautifully.

I would love to submit the necessary pull request, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. Does that mean I would have to write the necessary code myself and then suggest that it be incorporated into the plugin? Again, unfortunately well beyond my powers!

Happy to learn of course, but have no idea where to start...I am very much an experienced end user but not a creator when it comes to XBMC Sad
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5