[LINUX] XBMC crash at startup after nvidia driver update
[quote=Anssi]This issue is fixed in NVIDIA driver version 260.19.21 Smile

I got the same issue on FC14 again. 260.19.21 isn't available on repository, I now used the driver from Nvidia website. So I can confirm, 260.19.21 seems to be working.
Thanks to Anssi for info

Popel
sberk Wrote:hi,

I performed an update on my Fedora 13 box. with this update the nvidia driver version 260.19.12 was installed. since the new drivers are installed xbmc crashes directly at the start - see this crashlog:

at first I tried building xbmc again using the latest version available in the svn - same result Sad.

than I tried running xbmc from within gdb - now the crash is not occurring :confused2:.
I also tried to open xbmc in the gdb using the core file, but since the crash occurred directly within the libGL thread this also did not give me any clues.

any suggestions how to figure out what is wrong? does somebody else have this problem?

cheers,
sberk

That's the reason why I'd rather not update my drivers. While upgrades fixes problems and bugs most of the time, there are also instances that it leads to a worse situation. Just like before when I had my video card driversupdate. The screen forces images to be wider even if they're not really intended for widescreens, that turned out to be annoying. Sad I don't think it's really necessary unless you have problems with your current versions. Just an opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC crash at startup after nvidia driver update0