Upgrading from Camelot to Dharma with no Library impact
Hi,

Can someone help / advise on the above?

I have taken the following steps, but still have issues with the library. I expect there is an easy solution to this.

- Backed up my working Camelot Live installtion (full bare metal image backup)
- exported the existing library to a single .xml file and backed this up accordingly.
- Copied / backed up thumbnails

- Installed dharma beta3 live, completely overwriting the existing Camelot installation (use entire disk during install)
- Import the .xml I dumped out earlier to restore library (also switched to a mysql backend at the same time, I'm presuming this is neither here nor there)
- Copied thumbnails back into the correct location (actually this is now an NFS mount to allow thumbnails to be shared amongst instances, but I again I presume this is neither here nor there as long as the thumbnails are available).

This worked well and my library came across intact. Thumbnails were fine and I had all data incuding watched flags (particularly important for tv shows).

I only had two minor problems at this stage :

- THe movie library now showed fan art by default during browsing instead of thumbnails
- The 'most recently added' movie view was corrected and showed my most recently added movies but the tv 'most recently added' was incorrect and showed the most recent in terms of what order the shows were reimported from the database dump. Not a big issues but an annoyance.

My *major* issue is that no new updates to the Film or TV Show directory are found.

I presume this is because xbmc knows nothing about those paths belonging to the library. It knows about existing items as I have imported the dbase so it can find them, but has no concept of where to go to look for updates to the library.

So I added the Film path from my server back and set the content to movies. It then started to rescan...

..and continued to create a duplicate entry for every item it found.

My library is now in a total mess.

Is there a better way of doing this? Is there an approved way of taking your existing library 'with you' between versions? Inlcuding all meta data like the watched flag.

I've found a few posts asking similar questions all were left unanswered.

I have *never* managed to update xbmc without having to ultimately rescan the media and generate a new library. This is a major pain and I was hoping to avoid it again - especially now the mysql backend is there.

Any help appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from Camelot to Dharma with no Library impact0