[MOD] Night-like Home screen
Alaska is my favorite skin but I also like the way Night shows you your recently added movies and tv shows on the home screen. So I took the home screen from Night and modded it to work with Alaska. All the credit goes to mcborzu as I basically just took his home screen and tweaked it a little.

I moved the categories up a little bit so they didn't overlap with the album art. I also don't like submenus so I got rid of them.

To install, extract this file into your skin.alaska directory:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2k3351angrix1u6

Also, add these two lines to Includes.xml in the file includes section.

Code:
<include file="IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" />
<include file="Includes_Home_4.xml" />

This is my first attempt at xml coding, so sorry if there are any bugs. I'm using the Blue Mosaic theme with this mod because I think the font is a little hard to read with the default white background. Again, thanks to Hitcher for his work on this great skin and mcborzu for his work on the Night skin.
Neat, gonna try this out and see how well it matches with the rest of Alaska, I LOVE Alaska but missed a "new stuff" bit on the homescreen, thanks a lot dude Smile
You do realise that pressing Up on Music, Movies and TV Shows will show you the latest 10 items for each don't you?
I know, I just like being able to see all the new items at the same time.
Hitcher Wrote:You do realise that pressing Up on Music, Movies and TV Shows will show you the latest 10 items for each don't you?

Nothing against the skin(which in general I absolutely love, you did an amazing job putting it together) but I cannot for the life of me stand the standard home screen, I'm a fan of Style 3 which has nothing of the sort. Now just to see about tweaking this a bit so it fits the Alaska aesthetic a bit more closely(fonts!)Big Grin
Link dead, is there a mirror?
Anybody with knowledge of skinning that can see if its possible to add a Aeon Nox themed homescreen for alaska?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Night-like Home screen0