General patching and compiling XBMC source code?
Question 
I've been trying to patch and compile XBMC source with the Videos availability checking patch and coming up with zero results. I've figured out the patch procedure but every time I've tried to patch GUIMediaWindow.cpp I get this error "The patch seems outdated! The file line void CGUIMediaWindow::OnFilterItems(const CString &filter) and the patchline CStdString currentItem; do not match!". All other files seem to patch OK accept this one. I'm no coder, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can anybody help?
it's not lying, those probably changed. you'll have to adopt the patch to the new code.
Can I just copy & paste the patched lines. I don't know how to "adopt" the patch. Thanks for the response.
no.
There are various GUI versions of patch around that make applying a patch a bit simpler. I use the one in Tortoise SVN, but I think that's Windows only.

Unless the patch is huge it's usually not too hard to do the patching manually with a text editor. The patch file is just text, and it tells you which lines have been deleted and added.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There are various GUI versions of patch around that make applying a patch a bit simpler. I use the one in Tortoise SVN, but I think that's Windows only.

Unless the patch is huge it's usually not too hard to do the patching manually with a text editor. The patch file is just text, and it tells you which lines have been deleted and added.

JR

I've tried this but the compile fails for some reason and seeing as I'm not a coder I have no idea why. I used the ..\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat to try to compile an installable

BTW before I tried the compile I installed NSIS Installer, DirectX SDK, cfgd VC++E, set my path to pick up the dll's, and ran update_svn_rev.bat, as described in the XBMC compile how to, and ran BuildSetup.bat from the VC++E command prompt.

Still fails for some reason. Any suggestions?
Visual Studio creates a build log. If you post this on pastebin I can have a look and try and see where the errors are. I have to concede that the current Win32 build process is a bit complex. In the good old days you'd just check out the code, open the .sln and press F7.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General patching and compiling XBMC source code?0