folder structure and file compatibility
I have had issues before with XBMC importing stuff when there are xml files in the directory where the movies are. Not sure what you could do about this short of deleing the xml files.
I guess I could move them out of the folder for a few movies, re-scan and see if xbmc picks them up. If it does, great, if not. Not sure what to do next.
Busy at work today so can't reply much.

Can you confirm the exact names of the files that are in the directories and paste a sample of one of the xml files.
No problem at all Prae5. I'll post the file names and sample tonight.
Shall I post directly into the foum, here?
depends on how big they are, if the are more than a couple of lines, then post them to pastebin and just put the link here.
file names below:

background.guikuo
coverart.guikuo
folder.jpg
movieinfo.xml
tvix.jpg

http://pastebin.com/NHnsU7Un

above is paste of the .xml file.

Thanks again for your help.
M
Update:

removed all files other than .iso from the folder and re-scanned. Still not indexed/added to xbmc library.

M
Update:

It appears that all of the .mkv files have been indexed and random .iso files. So as a test I converted 2 x .iso files ("Wild Things and 2 Fast 2 Furious") to .mkv using makemkv and rescanned.

On the first scan, "Wild Things.mkv" was indexed and "2 Fast 2 Furious" wasn't. I did another scan and both were indexed.

So, it would appear I have a problem with .iso files. I will convert some more tonight and see if xbmc indexes these.

I have around 600 .iso files so would rather find a fix to this rather than converting all of them.........

Thanks,
M
What Scraper are you using? I put your title "2 Fast 2 Furious.iso" in my tester movie library, and used themoviedb.org, and it pulled just fine.

Your log says that no info was found, but it looks like it is using the proper movie name.

Have you tried to scrape the movie manually in the file view mode?
I'm using themoviedb.org.

I don't know what file view mode is? What is it?
Sorry, this is my first post, I am a total noobie, not sure I called it right. I just mean with the Library mode off.
Tried that thanks Tight_Wad. No luck. It just doesn't recognise the .iso files at all.
Wish I could help, I have been doing several of your titles that show not working and I can scape all that I have tried.

I see that you are switching from the TVIX's, I am too.

I have about 1800 movies in video_ts files, that I am getting ready to scrape soon. My issue is my file structure. But I build a new Unraid that I have copied all my movies to, and I am now in the middle of fixing my structure and renaming them so they will scrape easier.

I still have all of my Tvix's in place, and they are running off my old file system until I am ready to make the switch. I can't wait, Xbmc is so much nicer, and hopefully much easier.

Good luck with this problem, someone better than I will know why it is doing this.
if all else fails, perhaps giving Ember Media Managers a go?

you can add your movie source.
clean all the old files out.
rescrape with new xbmc approved naming and files.

add source back into xbmc library freshed scraped via ember with NFO's , TBN's etc

-=Jason=-
I was thinking of that Flomaster. But was wondering if the issue was more than that.......... what I mean is, xbmc is locating the folders during the scan but not adding any info and subsequently not adding the movie to the library.

So, do you think if I use Ember then xbmc will automatically recognise the movie files?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder structure and file compatibility0