folder structure and file compatibility
Once you have everything set up and to your liking in Emm, then

Go to Xbmc
Remove Source and Clear library info
Re-add the source again and set content
at set content enable the check data path and auto run

It should now pull the info from the files that you created from Emm.

I have played with this a little, but not done any real use work with it. I am still kind a learning the ins and outs of Emm.

Hope this helps
I am going to propose a little more radical idea. I don't know what system your running. But I would consider doing a fresh re install of the Xbmc and starting over. Something is just not right!

The main reason that I suggest doing the full removal and re install is that I just can't simulate you problem.

I have played around with the your file structure and your movie formats as best I could and they scrape. I don't get every movie correct doing automatic, but manual on the missing ones gets it done. If it didn't see your movie, it would pop up a window saying that there is no movie in the file.

This might help or not, but its what I would do. Oh, if you have this in windows, there are a few files that you would manually remove that the uninstall doesn't remove, or at least it doesn't on mine. Can tell you if you have windows and choose this course.
Thanks for all the ideas.

I've not re-installed it yet, but may try that tonight. I'm running 2 versions of OS WIN7 and MAC OSX. And they both have the same problem......

If I convert the files from .iso to either .mkv or extract the TS_Folders, XBMC recognises them.

I'm completely miffed.
Could there be a firewall issue on your router? Shot in the dark, but read something on here at one time.
I don't think so. My TViX reads all of the files with no problems.

Although now I don't think it's an XBMC problem as I downloaded BOXEE last night and have the same problem. It's very very weird.

I'm at a complete loss. Looks like I've got a long lonely road ahead converting all the .iso's to either .mkv or TS_FOLDERS.
I would say that it is not Xbmc problem directly but a network/router problem.

Is there a way for you to run your line directly to your modem and bypass the router? I would try that and see what happens. It sounds like a router setting issue to me, but I don't know. All my tests have been direct modem connect at work, or wireless through my router at home.

I wouldn't change your format until you know you have too!
copy a few of your movies into a test directory as they are now with all extra files.

setup ember using that test folder
have ember clean that test folder of all bad files. (you can tell it which files to clean)
have ember scrape

in xbmc remove video source, clean library , set source as new test folder.

see if all movie import correctly as they should. if so then you should do this method for all movies.

-=Jason=-
Still no luck.

I set up a new share on my NAS (Movies) and moved 80 movies into it, various mkv and iso.

XBMC only indexed 19.

EMM indexed them all.

I then removed the share from XBMC, cleaned the library and added the share again.

Updated Library and still only 19 films indexed.

What next?
Did you have EMM save NFO files? Did you have Enable search in path (something like that) marked? It is the bottom selection on the content page? Also mark the auto scan.
Tight_wad Wrote:Did you have EMM save NFO files? Did you have Enable search in path (something like that) marked? It is the bottom selection on the content page? Also mark the auto scan.

its "use folder names for lookup" and " scan recursively"

-=Jason=-
But doesn't it save the changes that EMM does in the nfo file right inside the file folder of the movie?
Yes, had all that checked guys.

I'm using 7zip to extract the TS_Folders from 40 movies that haven't been indexing during the scan, and will add these to the new share and re-scan. If they all come in I guess it's something strange with the .iso files.
If you setup the EMM and ran the scraper there. It should have saved the info it collected in each movie folder at the movie source itself.

Then when you scrape in Xbmc with path enabled, it will pull from the source the info that EMM set up and not from anywhere else unless there is nothing at the source.

At this point, it doesn't matter what your movie file format is, just as long as there is a video source.

I still think you have a bigger problem.
Maybe you should go in and delete your database "MyVideos34.db". That will remove all the data info for your movies, and will force a re-scrap since there is no longer a database. It will create it again and then use your info from EMM to fill it when you do the scrap and enable path marked.

Database can be found in windows at: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
Thanks for all your advice guys.

Tight_wad, you mentioned the "path enabled" tick box which one is that? Is it the "exclude path from library updates"? If so, this is Unchecked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder structure and file compatibility0