Slow Playback on .mkv Blu-ray Rips
Hi Folks,

I have ripped some of my Blu-ray collection to .mkv files as I have done with my DVD rips in the past. The issue I have is that my Hi-Def Blu-Ray rips run slow and get out of sync very quickly and cannot be watched. When I run the same .mkv file on the same PC within Boxee, the movie plays fine.

I am running the following PC specs:
  • Athalon 4000+
  • Windows 7
  • 2GB of RAM
  • NVidia 8800 GT 1GB video card
  • XBMC 9.11
  • Samsung Plasma @ 1280x720

I thought Boxee was based on the XBMC engine.
Anyone else experience these issues? Do I need to upgrade my PC?
Thanks.

John
Your CPU probably isn't powerful enough on its own you need hardware decoding (DXVA) from your GPU install Dharma Beta 3 and turn on DXVA this is probably why Boxee is working fine because its already using DXVA this isn't available in 9.11
>>X<<' Wrote:Your CPU probably isn't powerful enough on its own you need hardware decoding (DXVA) from your GPU install Dharma Beta 3 and turn on DXVA this is probably why Boxee is working fine because its already using DXVA this isn't available in 9.11

I will track it down and try it. Is Dharma and new skin?
No its the beta version of the next XBMC

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/
Were can i turn on DXVA?
try twitching the nob under your chair, or that hammering on that red button on top of your couch. or maybe, just maybe, it's in the video settings?
spiff Wrote:try twitching the nob under your chair, or that hammering on that red button on top of your couch. or maybe, just maybe, it's in the video settings?

Too funny. I ill try Dharma 3 this weekend, but I am leaning towards XBMC Live, but am not sure if there are benefits for making the jump for my system, which is noted above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Playback on .mkv Blu-ray Rips0