Unable to playbak PAL (50hz) content
Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with my XBMC using ATI 5450 card. I have the videos settings set so it will change resolution based on the source. I am able to play 24p content absolutely fine but when I try to play PAL (50hz) content I get a blank picture. I can still hear the sound and see the menu when I move the mouse but the picture is completely black. I have tried re-installing XBMC but this didn't work. Any ideas what might be wrong here? Thanks!
very likely your monitor/tv does not support 50/25hz.
spiff Wrote:very likely your monitor/tv does not support 50/25hz.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this worked fine last week. Also, I am based in the UK so I know for certain that my TV does support 50hz. It is a Samsung A656. Thank you but that is not the problem.
What operating system are you using?
If your screen supports 50Hz, ATI 5450 + black screen = likely the ATI dxva problem. Is this Windows?
Are 24p .mkv files OK?

We're still tracking it down, but some users reported success with an upgrade to Catalyst 10.10 and/or resetting all driver settings.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks guys,

I'm using Windows 7. Isn't there an overscan problem with the latest ATI drivers? Strange thing is, I can still see the audio/FFW/RW options etc if I move the move and the volume works but the picture is just black.

My TV will display my desktop at 50hz/1080p no problem too and the videos play ok in Windows Media Player so there is something specific within XBMC.

CrystalP - 24p is perfect. It's only 50hz stuff that won't play. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to playbak PAL (50hz) content0