Which OS for brand new xmbc install?
Hi,
I'm ordering 2 x Zotac's for xbmc use only. I'll be ordering without any OS. Which xbmc variant would you guys suggest? I am a complete novice in terms of OS installations etc.

Thanks,
M
is this to be an xbmc only machine? if your answer is yes than xbmcFreaks live cd is the way to go. you can still get a web browser running if need be.

-=Jason=-
I'd install the XBMC Live to the hard disk. You will get the best performance out of your hardware this way if you are just using the boxes for xbmc.

-hogfan
live / openelec.tv

depends what they are going to be used for.
It's only use will be XBMC. And I'm looking for the least complicated route. Oh and if I don't have to buy a WIN7 license so much the better.

I've read alot about XBMC Live. And with my minimal knowledge it seems just like what I could be looking for.

Can I install it from a USB drive without a loading a Linux OS first? (which I have no idea how to do)

Thanks,
M
mdt73 Wrote:Can I install it from a USB drive without a loading a Linux OS first? (which I have no idea how to do)

Yes. There's an option on the boot menu to install to the hard disk. I would let it boot and run off the USD drive and have a play. If you're happy it all works then restart and use the boot menu to select the install option.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which OS for brand new xmbc install?0