Accessing context menu, OSD and info with MCE Remote
I am running windows 7 with XBMC Dharma_beta3, I have an MCE remote connected that works for most functions but I cannot access the context menu, the OSD and info while playing videos.

I usually don't have a keyboard or mouse connected so this becomes a hassle.

Can anyone tell me how to remap some of the buttons on the MCE remote so that I can use these functions? I have been searching but there doesn't seem to be much details for the MCE remote.
What model of remote do you have? If it's a Microsoft remote it's very easy to configure it using an XBMC addon. If it's not a Microsoft remote you can still achieve what you want but it's a little harder.

JR
Yes, its a microsoft remote. I think the model is RC6 or something like that.
petitcj Wrote:Yes, its a microsoft remote. I think the model is RC6 or something like that.

In that case install the MCERemote addon (System, Addons, Get Addons, XBMC.org Addons, Program addons). Once installed go back to the Home page then Programs and select MCERemote. On the MCERemote menu select "Configure MCERemote settings".

You'll see a list of all the remote buttons. Select the one you want to use for the context menu and set the text to "c" (without the quotes). This configures the remote button to send a C keypress, and this will open the context menu.

Configure whatever other buttons you want, then click OK and answer "Yes" to the "Do you want to appl;y the settings" prompt. Restart Windows to make the Microsoft remote driver pick up the new settings.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing context menu, OSD and info with MCE Remote0