Looking To Upgrade to a New PC
I've been using XBMC for over 5 years and think its the best media center around. Recently I've tried backing up my blurays and playing them through xbmc and have come to the conclusion that my pc is just not powerful enough to handle hd. I'm running and AMD1 2.4ghz processor with 3 gb of ram and a visiontek ATIRaedon HD 4350 graphics card.
The new pc I'm looking at is the HP Pavilion Slimline s5610f PC. It has a AMD2 3.0ghz processor with 3 gigs of memory upgradeable to 8 and the video card is ATI Raedon HD 3000 so I would put in my card from the other pc and also take out the dvd burner and replace with my LG bluray drive/dvd burner. I will be operating off windows 7. My question is has anyone ever used these for xbmc and will it support 1080p playback. Thanks
Sky_Stryker Wrote:I'm running and AMD1 2.4ghz processor with 3 gb of ram and a visiontek ATIRaedon HD 4350 graphics card.

With Windows 7, your old rig will do 1080p HD. Any 4xxx card + Windows 7 can do 1080p.

Let me guess- your old system is using XP, right?

No its actually running vista. Do you think that is all the problem is and I just need a new operating system.
People play 1080p stuff in Windows 7 on ION boxes all the time on this forum, and those have a CPU that is weaker than your old box and a GPU that I think is equivalent. But Vista already supports DVXA2, so the problem is elsewhere (Unless Vista has some sort of worse DXVA2 support that I haven't heard about).

Please try DS Player to see if something else is broken:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

If my ION netbook can playback 1080p in Windows on XBMC, that CPU can.

Thanks I'll look into this when I get home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking To Upgrade to a New PC0