[LIVE] - New to Live... a few nub questions (be nice)
Hi there...

I know this forum is full of techy wizards, and I apologise for my simple and nubish questions but I really hope I can get a few answers... thanks in advance for anything you contribute.

XBMC Live runs on a ubuntu base? Is this correct.. dose that mean it will still be able to run other applications though the program menu like Xbox1 version (this is the version I am still using). I hope as well as a media player it will server as a retro game system running emulators like scumVM, nes, n64 etc etc, mabey even wine and dosbox run some retro PC games?. Also be good to be able to access a traditional browser. As I understand it XBMC live sets itself up as the OS.... or should I be looking for a ubuntu install and use a different version of XBMC and run it like a application?

Also, what do you recommend as the best way to control XBMC. i have the PC version to test and it seams fine. but I find teh mouse controls far inferior to the old xbox controls... should I be trying to get a wireless pad controller... dose it support that?

Thanks for any help
--Jynks
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
XBMCLive runs on a cut down version of Ubuntu, and you can install extra apps just as you can on a full Ubuntu installation. Running apps from XBMC isn't as trivial as you might think. Usually it's done with a third party addon like Launcher.

XBMC is designed for use with a remote control. XBMCLive has support for the Microsoft remote (and full compatibles) built in, so the simplest option is to buy a Microsoft remote on ebay.

JR
I've got ScummVM, Firefox, several emus all running through the Launcher addon on a Live install. Just look around, you'll find all the information needed here.

As for controlling XBMC - I'm using my orginal XBox1 remote with a USB adaptor and it works quite well. In addition I'm using a Lenovo wireless mini keyboard with integrated trackball for Firefox and ScummVM controll. This worked out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - New to Live... a few nub questions (be nice)0