Crash when switching to secondary display (TV)
Hi Guys

I seem to have a problem with dharma B3. It runs fine in fullscreen on my primary monitor but when I change the setting to "fullscreen #2" which is my TV the TV goes black and xbmc crashes (not responding need to close via task manager). Interestingly if I plug in another computer monitor and have 3 screens running I can switch between the two monitors but as soon as I go to the 3rd (the TV) it crashes. If it matters the tv is a panasonic pv60a running at 1280x720p 50hz.

When I switch back to xbmc 9.11 I am able to switch to the TV as a secondary display (seems to only support 2 displays at once so I disable the 3rd monitor) so it appears to be something new in dharma

Debug log
http://pastebin.com/5WFWFsir

Cheers
Mmm... a multi-vendor graphics config. I'm going to guess that the crash happens when you switch the display from an ATI output to an Intel output or vice-versa, right?

What happens if you twiddle the guisettings.xml file, in the <videoscreen><screenmode> tag to start directly on screen 2?

The format for fullscreen res is swwwwwhhhhhfff.fffff
s=screen number
w = width
h = height
f = fps

(gotta pick an existing resolution, like 1280x720@50 for you)
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the reply CrystalP

Yeah it had crossed my mind, I had tried switching the TV to the ATI and the monitor to the Intel but that didn't help. I should also note it works fine in windowed mode.

I'll give the guisettings a go and report back. I've located the screenmode key but I'm sorry to say I can't quite work out how to use the formatting.

How would I convert "screen 2 1280x720p@50hz" into "swwwwwhhhhhfff.fffff"
format? There seems to be too many of each letter.

Thanks again.
Pad with zeroes. ie 20128000720050.00000
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:Pad with zeroes. ie 20128000720050.00000

excellent thanks for getting back to me I never would of worked that out Smile

I'll go give it a test now
Sorry to be a pain but I changed the setting and it still launches on my monitor (screen 1) and when I change it in the system settigs it still crashes. This is what I changed my guisettings to incase I'm doing that wrong.

<videoscreen>
<blankdisplays>false</blankdisplays>
<fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
<guicalibration></guicalibration>
<resolution>0</resolution>
<screen>0</screen>
<screenmode>20128000720050.00000</screenmode>
<vsync>2</vsync>
</videoscreen>

Thanks again

EDIT

Just experimented and found something else interesting. When I go to control panel/display in windows and make my tv the "main display" it launches fine in fullscreen on the tv. I then went to the settings in XBMC and told it to go into fullscreen on the other screen (in this case the monitor) to my surprise it switched from the tv (intel) to the monitor (ATI) with no problems. However when I tried to go back from the monitor to the tv one more time it crashed!

So in summary if the tv is my main display (not feasible for anything but testing) xbmc will launch in full screen on it fine but I'm still not able to switch from monitor back to tv.

Here's a debug from it working if that's any help

http://pastebin.com/rd7gkFVv
Any help on this guys?
drc13 Wrote:Any help on this guys?
I'll write a small autoit script for your case
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml
The concept is pretty sample. When you launch the script its going to switch your monitor to tv. Once its there the script will launch xbmc and wait for it to be closed beefore switching back to monitor.
Its only working with windows 7.
Give me 10 min ill pastebin the autoit script
done
http://pastebin.com/czs4LE1Z
just use the scite4autoit3 create a .au3 script
i commented the place where you need to change the path, then you compile it and run the .exe you just compiled
Thanks heaps tiben20 for taking the time to write the script. I'm at work at the moment but will give it a shot when I get home.

Cheers
no problem, if you have any question about the script you can pm me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when switching to secondary display (TV)0