Modified View-Fanart to show movie details
Hi,

I've modified my local copy of View-Fanart to show much more info on the movie while browsing the list, such as plot outline, votes, etc.:

However, I'm still working on showing up correctly in Video Mode. Can anyone tell me why are the library $INFO values empty when not in Library mode?

Let me know if there's any demand for these xml changes.

Cheers
joeblade Wrote:However, I'm still working on showing up correctly in Video Mode. Can anyone tell me why are the library $INFO values empty when not in Library mode?

that's be design.
in library mode, xbmc uses all the extra info stored in the database.
in filemode, you're just browsing your files and the extra info is not available.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie. Is there still a way to access that data from File mode, like it does when pressing 'I' (even in file mode)?

Sorry for the non-Trasparent specific questions here... The reason I want to use File mode rather than Library mode is it will allow me to categorize my movies (New, Keepers, etc.), and haven't found a convenient way to do so in library mode. Am I missing something?
joeblade Wrote:Thanks ronie. Is there still a way to access that data from File mode, like it does when pressing 'I' (even in file mode)?

nope...

joeblade Wrote:Sorry for the non-Trasparent specific questions here... The reason I want to use File mode rather than Library mode is it will allow me to categorize my movies (New, Keepers, etc.), and haven't found a convenient way to do so in library mode. Am I missing something?

not really, you could look into smart playlists but i'm not sure if it'll fit your needs.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I wouldn't mind a copy of the xml changes for this, if poss?

Ideally, I'd like to make some changes to the Item view, add the icons etc... but keep the disc image and 3D DVD image - not sure if this is possible, but maybe your changes will point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Star 
smarts playlists can exclude by 'path' so you could have a folder/dir associated with new keeps etc.. but it would still have to be scanned into the library.
hi joeblade,
id also like your modified xml file. love the fanart view but a couple of infos sure would be nice Smile

thanks!
Star 
After using this mod for a few days... I'd mention that the behaviour moving through the seasons with a mouse is a bit unusual... with full screen movements required, sweet spot on the hot cover doesn't scroll in both directions with mouse wheel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modified View-Fanart to show movie details0