[RELEASE] XBMC Debug Log - Addon Script
Should this addon work with the current latest OfficialRelease? Seems it doesn't for me. Nothing Happens when clicking Paste to bin...
You may want to inform users that their sources passwords will be shared to the world.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
What passwords? From the log? Add-on provides the way to get the log, doesn't control what's in it
Yeah, that's what I thought. The log would contain all the passwords for shares that you are trying to access.
And that why I suggest that you warn the users that any passwords they have on their sources would be public on pastebin.
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
Again, only providing a service to make it easier... Glad to see it's appreciated
Yes I understand, but would it be hard to add a popup when pressing "pastebin it" that informs the user of the possible sharing of sensitive information?
I am sure it wouldn't, once it's finished post it here and maybe I'll use it.
What's up with the hostility?

you could add this to the script-XBMC-debug-log-main.xml:

Code:
<control type="label">
                <description>warning</description>
                <posx>510</posx>
                <posy>420</posy>
                <width>600</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <label>Please be aware that any password that are set on mediashares will be publicly available on pastebin</label>
                <font>font20</font>
                <textcolor>FF009CFF</textcolor>
                <shadowcolor>00000000</shadowcolor>
                <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(1096)</visible>
            </control>
I could...

Nothing is up with hostility , you came to this thread with a panties in a twist about your passwords, like anyone cares about your smb login credentials... If the passwords are in the log they will go to pastebin ... Not a rocket science
I think we got off on the wrong foot here somehow...

I don't care about my local smb passwords nor would I use this, though helpful, tool.
But others might do. And since this tool would greatly help those that don't know where to find the files needed to send to pastebin and I suspect that those that need that help don't know that the passwords are stored in the Debug Log.
And it is not only smb passwords, there could be ftp-logins, possibly sitelogins for addons or other sensitive information.

-with great power comes great responsibility Smile
watzen Wrote:I think we got off on the wrong foot here somehow...

agree, but if your first post here was like the below one, we wouldnt have this conversation.

will look what can be done there

watzen Wrote:I don't care about my local smb passwords nor would I use this, though helpful, tool.
But others might do. And since this tool would greatly help those that don't know where to find the files needed to send to pastebin and I suspect that those that need that help don't know that the passwords are stored in the Debug Log.
And it is not only smb passwords, there could be ftp-logins, possibly sitelogins for addons or other sensitive information.

-with great power comes great responsibility Smile
Im having trouble getting the Debug log to work at all. If I hit pastebin, nothing happens. I pointed it to a directory on the appletv and tried the manual way. The Debug log is depositing logfiles there, but they only say stuff like this :

#### crash log start #### or xbmc.old.log start ####

there is no info in the logs at all

I also tried to go to /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log but I cant even find a "frontrow" folder on my AppleTV
I too am having trouble with the debug log..

Do I have to enter my email address in the configure area? Do I get an email adress from pastebin? which pastebin do I go to ?

How to i get my crash log to post there..

anyone?
XBMC RULES!!!!!!!
CrashX Wrote:Good Job Amet. Will come in handy.

Looks like they have limit of 1MB:

I suggust breaking it appart into multiple submission if it goes over 1MB.

Are you using xbmc.pastebin.com ?

looks like they lowered the size again:

Quote:What is the max paste size?
We allow pastes to be made up to 500 kilobytes. This is should be enough for almost any script, and it prevents people from jamming our servers. PRO members are allowed to create pastes up to 10 megabytes
Is this still an available add-on I don't see it offered in add-on menu? I do see you can enable debugger but some of the CPU and other Info text runs in the background.

I found the XBMC.log under /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc.log

I have the latest stable version of XBMC 10.09, but under xbmc.org repository, program-add-ons, I only see 4 items listed and no other to choose from.

Artist Slideshow
Gmail Checker
JDownloader
Rom Collection << Disbaled

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Debug Log - Addon Script0