• 32(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
Still getting missing speaker settings on re-launch of XBMC until media playback, but I will supply a log as soon as I am able to spend some time on it. The absense of text in my initial report on this minor issue was due to the TCP port being set to 8080 instead of 9090. So while I was getting info on screen about currently playing items, I wasn't getting navigation messages on the LCD.

Anyway, will post a log as soon as i'm able, a bit busy with other things atm. Thanks again.

Smile
Ok will install and test over the weekend,.
Cheers Blackman.
I saw there is speaker system setting in configuration
So I can set 5.1 now, but this seems to be permanent - means icons shown all the time on vfd

Can this be changed to display only if movie is 5.1 if standard stereo then left and right speaker icons shall be visible ?
(2012-04-06, 09:12)parslej Wrote: I saw there is speaker system setting in configuration
So I can set 5.1 now, but this seems to be permanent - means icons shown all the time on vfd

Can this be changed to display only if movie is 5.1 if standard stereo then left and right speaker icons shall be visible ?

Good idea! +1 for this (As if BlackMan didn't have enough to do, lol).

Big Grin
Well, I implemented the 'speaker feature' but I am not able to test it at all since my XBMC is on strike (ERROR: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - unable to create a device. 8876086A - D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (Not available)). Do not know why, so far it has been working fine. I have spent 2 hours trying everything possible and impossible to run it, reading XBMC forums and even reinstalling to final version 11 - no result...
Have you tried a graphics driver re-install / DirectX re-install / System Restore? (I'd try the system restore first)
(2012-04-06, 16:31)BlackMan Wrote: Well, I implemented the 'speaker feature' but I am not able to test it at all since my XBMC is on strike (ERROR: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - unable to create a device. 8876086A - D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (Not available)). Do not know why, so far it has been working fine. I have spent 2 hours trying everything possible and impossible to run it, reading XBMC forums and even reinstalling to final version 11 - no result...

rename the folder in %appdata% to xbmc_old then reinstall eden

see if that works..
hi. my display gets black when i try to navigate images, movies, etc..

when i see a movie it works ok
(2012-04-07, 23:53)xboxfan2010 Wrote: hi. my display gets black when i try to navigate images, movies, etc..

when i see a movie it works ok

Check this and see if this applies in your situation:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1066214
its workin.thanksBig Grin
i built my new htpc with some gimicks like imon vfd. with blackman´s build 0194 i get success. it looks great but no scrolling text.

win7 x64 sp1+xbmc git 120403+latest imon software

ps: the text isnt in center on home screen

pls try to perfect it, i will test every build Wink

thx 4 ur work
Finally I got over the XBMC launching problems - it seems that troubles might arise when using remote desktop SW (I'm using Live Mesh on my PC). After PC restart everything seems to be OK, I will try to trace when and where the problems are starting.

So, new official version 0.1.9.5 available on GitHub. Now, the sound setting is displayed according to the media being currently played.

Nimo:
There is no scrolling support for VFD in my version (since there is no such support in the iMon API without any workaround) - this is available only for LCD.
I do not know what you mean with 'home screen'. However, if you mean the VFD display, the text should not be in the center but left-aligned.
Anyone know where you can get these kind of screens that can show XBMC info in the UK?
(2012-04-13, 14:34)BlackMan Wrote: Finally I got over the XBMC launching problems - it seems that troubles might arise when using remote desktop SW (I'm using Live Mesh on my PC). After PC restart everything seems to be OK, I will try to trace when and where the problems are starting.

So, new official version 0.1.9.5 available on GitHub. Now, the sound setting is displayed according to the media being currently played.

Nimo:
There is no scrolling support for VFD in my version (since there is no such support in the iMon API without any workaround) - this is available only for LCD.
I do not know what you mean with 'home screen'. However, if you mean the VFD display, the text should not be in the center but left-aligned.

just tested. everything worked fine.. except for the automatically switching sound..
Hi guys,
Love this software & have been using it for a while now. Just wondering when a media file is playing, is there a way to either display the time elapsed/the time remaining, or else a graphic equalizer for the file,rather than the season/episode title that currently displays? Is there a list of options for strings that can be entered here?

Thanks
Paddy
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7