• 28(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
(2012-03-12, 15:10)BlackMan Wrote: eskro: You were little bit faster Wink Thanks for taking care of users...

no problem!

actually thanx to you for keeping this project alive!

without it, my screen would serve nothing,,,,
bolter: If the attachment option is not working for you, try to use another service, e.g. pastebin.com and post a link here. Thanks...

[attachment=166]

Finally got it to work.
Here is the debug.log file with the error messages
Hope you can fix it for me "BlackMan"
bolter: I have the same version of software and operating system and the same problem as you... Undecided

Hello.

I have now read the enitire thread.

Running Eden Rc2 Pvr margro (excellent for live Tv and Pvr capability!)

I have tried just about everything imaginable to get this to work. (To no avail)

Using latest ImonManager 8.12.1202
with firmware: 0x380.208

Using The latest version is 0.1.9.4

Port 9090 is not being used by another programme.
XBMC port set to 8080 and in "XBMC on iMON" set to port 8080.

I cant connect with or without passwords+username enabled.

Please where am I going wrong here?

Win 7x64

bolter, arczi: Well, I tried to fix the problem in version 0.1.9.4. Please, test if it is working for you. It's weird that others did not face this issue (or didn't report it) even though there really was an error. Neither me, maybe some unpredictable circumstances occured in your casesWink

In general, there is a need for further improvement when receiving information data from XBMC (some of them are little bit hacked now, this issue is related to the new version of JSON RPC used in XBMC Eden). Nowadays I'm very busy with my work so I'm glad that I have a little time to make at least some necessary fixes to keep the application working for all of us. I hope I will have more time to make also some improvements in the future. However, still feel free to create new issues with bugs and suggestions at Github.
Smile 
(2012-03-13, 15:23)Deafty Wrote: Hello.

I have now read the enitire thread.

Running Eden Rc2 Pvr margro (excellent for live Tv and Pvr capability!)

I have tried just about everything imaginable to get this to work. (To no avail)

Using latest ImonManager 8.12.1202
with firmware: 0x380.208
Using The latest version is 0.1.9.4
Win 7x64

Finally got it working Sweet!!! Rofl
changed xbmc port in "advanced settings.xml" along with "xbmc on imon" ports

<advancedsettings>
<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>xxxx</tcpport> (x= my port #'s)
</jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

Will now look into:
*auto scrolling issue.
*Time display

Side note: I immediately loaded a recorded TV file in xbmc to test.
was listed as movie (will need to modify)
was displaying full name of file (excellent)
but now only displays the channel I recorded from (I'm guessing thats %tittle%)
I made no changes! strange....

Will look further into naming issues.

Thanks for the great programme/app. Truely, without this my HTPC would have been a rather pointles build!

Cheers!Nod

Deafty: I would need to see a debug log to find out where the problem might be. However, as I posted before, there are still some issues when receiving information from XBMC... BTW, what do you mean by now? Were you using still the same version of applications and just play the movie for the first time and then again? Is this the difference between now and before? Or did you use various versions of applications? Thanks for clarification...
(2012-03-13, 15:46)BlackMan Wrote: bolter, arczi: Well, I tried to fix the problem in version 0.1.9.4. Please, test if it is working for you. It's weird that others did not face this issue (or didn't report it) even though there really was an error. Neither me, maybe some unpredictable circumstances occured in your casesWink

Thanks for the quick turn around BlackMan.
Will test when I get home from work todaySmile
(2012-03-13, 15:46)BlackMan Wrote: bolter, arczi: Well, I tried to fix the problem in version 0.1.9.4. Please, test if it is working for you. It's weird that others did not face this issue (or didn't report it) even though there really was an error. Neither me, maybe some unpredictable circumstances occured in your casesWink

Sorry BlackMan, I still seem to have the same problem as before

[attachment=177]

bolter: Well, I was not able to identify the problem. Thus, I added some more debug messages to be logged and I would like to ask you for some more testing. Please, download an extra version 0.1.9.4x1 that is intended to be used just to fix this issue and attach the debug log again. Thanks...
(2012-03-14, 10:36)BlackMan Wrote: bolter: Well, I was not able to identify the problem. Thus, I added some more debug messages to be logged and I would like to ask you for some more testing. Please, download an extra version 0.1.9.4x1 that is intended to be used just to fix this issue and attach the debug log again. Thanks...

Here is the new Debug.log you asked for

[attachment=178]
bolter: I'm still stuck somewhere or I must be missing something. Cannot figure out where the problem might be. Everything seems OK except the real iMon displaying. So, I'm sorry to bother you again but it seems that I'm not able to move forward without your help. There is another build, version 0.1.9.4x2. I suppose you know what to doSad However, one question arose: Text 'STOP' is displayed correctly when stopping a playback (of a movie for example)? Text 'XBMC' si displayed correctly when Idle? Or try a system time to be displayed when Idle ... is it correct?

Thank you so much for your help when debugging but I do not face such a problem with my machine and configuration.
(2012-03-14, 19:10)BlackMan Wrote: bolter: I'm still stuck somewhere or I must be missing something. Cannot figure out where the problem might be. Everything seems OK except the real iMon displaying. So, I'm sorry to bother you again but it seems that I'm not able to move forward without your help. There is another build, version 0.1.9.4x2. I suppose you know what to doSad However, one question arose: Text 'STOP' is displayed correctly when stopping a playback (of a movie for example)? Text 'XBMC' si displayed correctly when Idle? Or try a system time to be displayed when Idle ... is it correct?

Thank you so much for your help when debugging but I do not face such a problem with my machine and configuration.

Thanks for all your hard work BlackMan,
I will run the new file tonight after work. As for the other questions, everything else seems to work like - the status bars top and bottom, the word stop when stopping a movie or music, the word play when playing music, movies and internet radio and XBMC when the system is idle (even when the display in playing up) Have also tried having the system time showing not XBMC but no difference. The things that seems to happen when the display screws up is the word "play" stay on the screen after starting something and the rotating disk disappears.

PS. Don't spend to much time on this, I'm sure you must have a lot other stuff you have to do (And the LCD screen is a "Nice to have" but not a "Necessity") the HTPC still works without it.
(2012-03-14, 19:10)BlackMan Wrote: bolter: I'm still stuck somewhere or I must be missing something. Cannot figure out where the problem might be. Everything seems OK except the real iMon displaying. So, I'm sorry to bother you again but it seems that I'm not able to move forward without your help. There is another build, version 0.1.9.4x2. I suppose you know what to doSad However, one question arose: Text 'STOP' is displayed correctly when stopping a playback (of a movie for example)? Text 'XBMC' si displayed correctly when Idle? Or try a system time to be displayed when Idle ... is it correct?

BlackMan here is the new log file

• 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7