• 40(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
(2012-12-31, 17:03)adelphia Wrote:
(2012-12-31, 16:42)htpc guy Wrote: Quick question about this software...

I use the standard iMon software so I don't get much info from the display other than XBMC (stop). However it does offer great remote support. I have it recognizing Microsoft remote inputs and I can even assign button presses to keyboard buttons so I don't have to mess with keymaps in xbmc. So my question is, is this XBMCiMon software a modified version of iMon's software or is it totally different. Can I install this version and still assign keyboard buttons to the remote?

I think this software just replaces the "Frontview" portion of iMon for XBMC but don;t quote me on that (unless I'm correct of course).

Any idea if I could install it over the current front row?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-12-31, 17:21)htpc guy Wrote: Any idea if I could install it over the current front row?

have U read that?
https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-on-im...ter/README

(2012-12-31, 17:28)parslej Wrote:
(2012-12-31, 17:21)htpc guy Wrote: Any idea if I could install it over the current front row?

have U read that?
https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-on-im...ter/README

Thanks. That pretty much answers my questions. I think I'll give this a try.
*edit*
Its working great. The readme was very helpful.
I have the veris elite display with 2 lines of info. I am getting only one line of display though. For example, when on the xbmc menu I get "Home: TV Shows" and when playing a file I get the name of the show playing. Is there a way to get this to show progress? Also does the equalizer work?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
This one: cdenfert's version
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2012-12-31, 19:35)Fry7 Wrote: sorry, wrong thread...

I'm assuming you are posting this because it supports 2 lines of display? Has this version been updated to work with the API changes in Frodo?
How to use Git
(2012-12-31, 19:39)htpc guy Wrote:
(2012-12-31, 19:35)Fry7 Wrote: This one: cdenfert's version
Has this version been updated to work with the API changes in Frodo?

No, it wasn't updated, but I'm using it with Frodo RC2, and most of the times it works. Nevertheless, it crashes now and then.
Still, as far as I know the only way to go with iMon VFD and XBMC...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hello,

Happy new year !!!

I used cdenfert's version and parslej's version on my system (OrigenAE M10 with Simple 2 lines Imon VFD) with XBMC Frodo RC2:
The parslej's version doesn't work with my system.
The cdenfert's version work. But, only one line is used and the scroll (for title) doesn't work.

Thx
What .net framework you have installed ?

What exactly happens when you run my version ?
(2013-01-02, 19:28)parslej Wrote: What .net framework you have installed ?

What exactly happens when you run my version ?

It won't work with VFD's Parslej. As posted farther back in this thread, BlackMan stripped out all the relevant code for VFD's in his version since he only owned the LCD version and couldn't test any changes to the code. The two types function differently, and require different code. So if your upload was based off his version, it will only work for LCD's.

cdenfert did the same thing for his version but he owned only a VFD display. I have both, but haven't written a line of C++ or any other code for 17 years.

Wink
I have not installed .net Framework. I will test with .net 4.0 version.

Thx
Hello,

I have to note that the code for VFD display was not removed from the application. It means that the xbmcOnImon might work for VFDs. However, there was no way to test it so it is without any guarantee.

I'm sorry to announce that I will not develop this application anymore. After my HDD's death, I installed XBMCbuntu and it's running like a charm when compared to the problematic Windows 7 system. All functions I need to run on HTPC (disc share, ftp and http server, utorrent, remote desktop, etc.) are available there.The only disadvantage is a poor support for LCD displays (not using all icons nor progress bar). However, I hope it will be better in the future.

Anyone can feel free to use the last version of xbmcOnImon source codes for further improvement and can send me PM with any question regarding the application. Also, if anyone is moving towards XBMCbuntu from Windows and needs some suggestions, I will help if I can.
(2013-01-03, 11:14)BlackMan Wrote: Hello,

I have to note that the code for VFD display was not removed from the application. It means that the xbmcOnImon might work for VFDs. However, there was no way to test it so it is without any guarantee.

I'm sorry to announce that I will not develop this application anymore. After my HDD's death, I installed XBMCbuntu and it's running like a charm when compared to the problematic Windows 7 system. All functions I need to run on HTPC (disc share, ftp and http server, utorrent, remote desktop, etc.) are available there.The only disadvantage is a poor support for LCD displays (not using all icons nor progress bar). However, I hope it will be better in the future.

Anyone can feel free to use the last version of xbmcOnImon source codes for further improvement and can send me PM with any question regarding the application. Also, if anyone is moving towards XBMCbuntu from Windows and needs some suggestions, I will help if I can.

Guess I remembered it wrong (Again, lol). Sorry for the confusion.

BlackMan, regarding the reduced functionality with the display under Linux, have you tried this?

https://github.com/herrnst/script.xbmc.lcd/wiki

Discussion thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143912

I have bought a SSD to test an alternate (Linux / OpenELEC) XBMC install with, but lack of iMon LCD support (and doubts on some other hardware) is the only reason I'm holding off until Frodo final. Be good to know if this works as expected.
(2012-12-16, 22:29)Slipx Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 16:56)cuberob Wrote: I've been trying to get this plugin to work on windows 8 X64 with latest imon manager and XBMC 12 FRODO RC1 but no luck.

Everything seems to run fine but as soon as I start XBMC i get an "Unhandled exception has occured" message (String reference not set to an instance of a Sting. Parameter name: s.)

If someone has a solution please let me know, or if i can help out also no problem. Let me know how!

(Case is a Antec micro fusion remote mini btw)

I'm running RC1 with windows 8 X64. I can connect but cannot initialise imon manager. Will try changing the web server port and see if that makes a difference

So I solved this by running imon manager in windows 7 compatibility mode with administrator rights. Working now with imon LCD running Frodo RC2
gibxxi: Thank you very much for the link. The addon works as expected. I suppose that some minor bugs or deficiencies will be fixed as they come since the addon is being still developed. You can test your hardware using XBMCbuntu as live XBMC without installation. I do recommend the Linux version. There were some issues I had to solve to make the HTPC to run as I wanted (regarding the remote desktop, IR remote control, chrome browser launching, utorrent server running or updating Ubuntu version and Linux kernel - to be ready to update only XBMC when the Frodo final is out) but now it is working like a charm...
Well I was hoping to be able to do a minimalist OpenELEC install (Generic build). The system is running an AMD Athlon X2 4850e and a Radeon 4600. Can do gaming on it with some of my older games, but I prefer the desktop for that, so losing that functionality is not an issue. Driver support for the hardware (including on-board sound and ethernet) are the biggest concerns. Got some time off coming up within a few weeks, may look at it then. Thanks for all the work you did on the app up till this point though BM.

Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7