Home or Back Button - Touchscreen Issue
ronie Wrote:see, i definitely need to get me a touchscreen...

I will go grab the SVN now...excellent! Smile

Re: the touchscreen, actually it's a piece of cake. Just hide your keyboard, use the mouse only. Then, put a small post-it-note on the right mouse button that says "No Touchy". Then, try to work everything using only the mouse, left button only. That will pretty much simulate the touchscreen experience for you. Just remembering fonts/buttons need to be a tad bigger, in order to be able to differentiate between a finger press. In my case, my touchscreen is 19", pretty big, I have no trouble at all with the T! default button sizes and fonts.

Mine is rack-mounted, part of my in-wall stereo setup....I can tell you people's mouths DROP when they see it, the XBMC and what it can do (now with your skin!), it's pretty sweet. I have a dual-head video card in the PC, so one feeds the touchscreen, the other my wall-mounted plasma TV (the RGB input). So when I play movies or whatever, I turn on the other display (TV) and watch them fullscreen on there, it's pretty amazing.
Been playing with it since last night...looks great. Is there a reason sometimes the play (>) icon is in the right corner, sometimes the left? But it works perfect, solves the issue with accessing controls on active/playing music! One little issue, when the music controls are up, the close (X) sort of overlaps the right navigation pane a bit, sort of hard to figure if it is active or not...I can post a screen shot if that would make more sense...

Oh by the way...I was thinking, now that the mouse pointer is hidden you really can't test anything out as a touchscreen would work, but using a mouse, since you don't know where you are pointing! (oops!) Maybe you could have a debug mode or something that shows it, or have the "hide mouse pointer" as a separate option from the "touchscreen enabled" option...just an idea.
khekking Wrote:Been playing with it since last night...looks great. Is there a reason sometimes the play (>) icon is in the right corner, sometimes the left?
it should only be on the right on the Home screen, reason is it might overlap with the main menu (when you enable all the menubuttons).

everywhere else it should be fixed at the same position on the left.
if not...please report back.

khekking Wrote:One little issue, when the music controls are up, the close (X) sort of overlaps the right navigation pane a bit, sort of hard to figure if it is active or not...

giving the playercontrols a redesign has been on my todo list for a while.
i'll make sure i will take this into account when i get to it. in the meantime i will see if i can come up with a quick fix.

khekking Wrote:Oh by the way...I was thinking, now that the mouse pointer is hidden you really can't test anything out as a touchscreen would work, but using a mouse, since you don't know where you are pointing! (oops!) Maybe you could have a debug mode or something that shows it, or have the "hide mouse pointer" as a separate option from the "touchscreen enabled" option...just an idea.

no worries, when testing things i temporary remove the visible conditions from Pointer.xml and the mousepointer will be there again. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home or Back Button - Touchscreen Issue0