• 4(current)
Release Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens
DJToll, firstly really nice skin - i have it running on my joggler today and makes touch much easier.
I do seem to have some problems though, I am running 0.36 of your skin and when I have it loaded all my videos are jerky and dropping frames, if I switch back to the std confluence skin then videos are fine, back to your's they are jerky again..

Also, I noticed I have 'hide videos' enabled for the home screen but it still shows.

Good work so far though.
Swifty Wrote:DJToll, firstly really nice skin - i have it running on my joggler today and makes touch much easier.
I do seem to have some problems though, I am running 0.36 of your skin and when I have it loaded all my videos are jerky and dropping frames, if I switch back to the std confluence skin then videos are fine, back to your's they are jerky again..

Also, I noticed I have 'hide videos' enabled for the home screen but it still shows.

Good work so far though.
Thanks,

It would help me very much if You can make a screenshot or a good digital picture.
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Thanks DJToll,

I only have my video camera on my phone which is not great, but basically I can view fullscreen video fine with Confluence (unless there is OSD visible) - it's only dropping frames when I actually open the video info bar
However with the Joggler skin it's dropping frames all the time, even when there is no visible OSD...

Could you do me a favour and see what CPU usage your joggler has just sat at the home screen (with nothing playing) mine is sitting at 70-80% all the time even at static screens like the settings screen. - I'm interested if this is normal.

Also, I have made an XBMC Live style 650MB install with IEGD etc and XBMC, TVHeadend and DVB-S2 API can run from the onboard flash of the joggler.
Only issue is the dropping frames with the joggler skin atm.
I hope to release it if this would be useful to other joggler owners?
Swifty Wrote:Also, I have made an XBMC Live style 650MB install with IEGD etc and XBMC, TVHeadend and DVB-S2 API can run from the onboard flash of the joggler.
Only issue is the dropping frames with the joggler skin atm.
I hope to release it if this would be useful to other joggler owners?

oh yes i am interesting Big Grin

here CPU screens (FullscreenMode)
Skin.JOGGLER
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Great, at least the CPU usage is normal - I thought there was something wrong with my setup :p

Any idea what the fullscreen video problem could be ?
I'm using 0.37 (has the same problem with 0.36 too).
It's like one of the on-screen controls doesn't actually go away (even though they aren't visible) as I don't get any jitter until the on-screen controls are displayed with confluence, but joggler I have it all the time.

Is there any way to disable all of your full-screen OSD additions and just use the 'top bar' (the one that has stop, next, video settings etc..) like the original confluence ?
I think this might fix the problem, or atleast would rule it out..

Once the Joggler skin is working ok, I will get the distro packaged up and upload for all to enjoy Smile

Thanks for the hard work.
I want a Joggler, but those damn things are only sold in the UK, very difficult to get one in the netherlands
Swifty Wrote:Great, at least the CPU usage is normal - I thought there was something wrong with my setup :p

Any idea what the fullscreen video problem could be ?
I'm using 0.37 (has the same problem with 0.36 too).
It's like one of the on-screen controls doesn't actually go away (even though they aren't visible) as I don't get any jitter until the on-screen controls are displayed with confluence, but joggler I have it all the time.

Is there any way to disable all of your full-screen OSD additions and just use the 'top bar' (the one that has stop, next, video settings etc..) like the original confluence ?
I think this might fix the problem, or atleast would rule it out..

Once the Joggler skin is working ok, I will get the distro packaged up and upload for all to enjoy Smile

Thanks for the hard work.

firstly, I tested the 0.37 with my joggler and all fullscreen "OSD" PopUps ar going off after 4-6 sec. It works fine with my xbmc-Dharma-Beta2 and Ubuntu Desktop Image Base - Updated 552010 v1.3 a newer ubuntu I cant install, I am to stupid.
The original OSD to use creates problems when touching the TFT's. The video immediately goes to pause. Therefore, the osd.xml empty.

Skin.JOGGLER
Ah I see, then I guess it is the transparent button that could be causing the jitter for me.

Interestingly the original Confluence does not pause for me when I touch the screen, I can make use of the top menu just perfectly as if I was using a mouse.

I will hack around with the skin today and see if I can make it work without jitter.

- add - starting adding Weather widget.
- fix - addon.xml vers. Nr. 0.38 bug.

- add - QlockTwo Window now in English and adding Minutes Status

- add - Recently Played Home Button (can Activate/deactivate in Skin Settings).
- change - "Joggler" logo to "Joggler XMAS" logo (for the next weeks)

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
DJToll;

I have done some more playing with the joggler today, I can get smooth video playback by replacing VideoFullscreen.xml and VideoOSD.xml with the ones from Confluence, so the transparent fake button is indeed hampering the video playback
With those two files I can still access all the functions via the top bar while a video is playing and it doesn't pause when touching, also the slideout volume bar is still visible on the right side of the screen.
The only things I lose are the bar on the right side of your screenshot above, and the player controls that are floating near the bottom (but these are available via the top menu anyway..)

Is there any way you can incorporate this setup as an option for the skin? otherwise next time I update it will overwrite the confluence files I have copied Sad

I have been tidying up my image and making some simple scripts to copy to on-board flash today, I hope to get the image out soon now that the Joggler skin is working well Smile

Cheers!
The idea is good. Will try to implement. Before there are no more updatesSmile

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER

- wip - Weather widget
- add - Skin option to change the Playercontrols (Video Fullscreen) to the same aka original Confluence-Skin (more Performence?). Default are the alternate Blades and buttons, there are I made for this Joggler Skin.

For now, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Fröhliche Weihnachten!
Joyeux Noël!
Buon Natale!
Wesolych Swiat!
Feliz Navidad!
Vrolijk Kerstfeest!
Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva!
Kung His Hsin Nien!
Shinnen omedeto!
Kala Christougenna!
God Jul!
Noflike Krystdagen!

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
Brilliant, thanks for the update djtoll, it works perfectly Smile

Expect a late xmas present as a flashable xbmc image before the new year :p
Thumbs Up 
BIG BIG BIG THX to DJ !!!!

a very fine and great functional skin !!!!

thats what many people need a screen skin 4 fingeruse Big Grin

at this time i have only 2 problems :

1. the touchelement at videoplayback isn touchable because it wipe out every touch
2. a plugin for recipies maybe a callscript 4 http://www.chefkoch.de

THX

sry my bad english cause im german

- add - Option to change the Skin Logo - look about this in the SkinSettings.

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Joggler - a new skin designed for touch interface with touchscreens7