New potential user but have questions....
Hello Everyone...... I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and have download and played with a few of the Windows versions of XBMC and it has my interest. The reason that I'm even looking is that my long time media front end called XLobby has not been updated in many years and it's looking tired to me.

All I'm looking for is a simple easy to use and attractive media front end to a vast NAS based movie and CD collection. I have looked at a few of the skins including Transparency which looks nice but I'm finding overall navigation with all skins to feel clunky. For example some skins have a "home" link in the upper left and other don't.

Another issue I see is how music is played. In XLobby all CD's and movies are represented by CD or DVD covers and a simple click launches them. When you click a CD cover the entire CD plays OR you can simply open (rather than play) a CD to select a single song to play. I don't see anyway to do that in XBMC. Also when a song is playing I see no user controls, you know like pause, skip etc.

Am I just missing something....? Sorry for all the newbie question on my first post.
Richard_P_Harve Wrote:Hello Everyone...... I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and have download and played with a few of the Windows versions of XBMC and it has my interest. The reason that I'm even looking is that my long time media front end called XLobby has not been updated in many years and it's looking tired to me.

All I'm looking for is a simple easy to use and attractive media front end to a vast NAS based movie and CD collection. I have looked at a few of the skins including Transparency which looks nice but I'm finding overall navigation with all skins to feel clunky. For example some skins have a "home" link in the upper left and other don't.

Another issue I see is how music is played. In XLobby all CD's and movies are represented by CD or DVD covers and a simple click launches them. When you click a CD cover the entire CD plays OR you can simply open (rather than play) a CD to select a single song to play. I don't see anyway to do that in XBMC. Also when a song is playing I see no user controls, you know like pause, skip etc.

Am I just missing something....? Sorry for all the newbie question on my first post.

You can do all of the above in all skins you will just have to start playing with all the views and submenus to get the feel of xbmc start with what ever skin you want and dont change get used to that skin so you know how to navigate around in xbmc
are you using this on a tv with remote or computer monitor with mouse?

just highlight your album and press play button on remote or press "p" on the keyboard enter key probably opens album to pick a certain song.

-=Jason=-
I'm using a dual display setup where display 1 is my touch screen PC siting in my rack and display 2 is my flat screen TV. I have been playing around with Transparency for some time now and I don't see any other way to display CD's other than the simple list with the two dots to take you backwards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New potential user but have questions....0