How to jump from one field to the next using a Harmony remote?
Hi everybody. I've been using a Logitech Harmony remote with XBMC for a while. So far, so good, but I still haven't been able to do one simple thing: Jump from one field to the next, like what you do on Windows pressing the TAB key.

Let me give a couple of examples:

1. When chossing a new media source, I can use my remote to go to video-->add source-->browse, and then browse the different directories, but when I am on the one that I would like to choose, I can't jump to the OK button.

2. When I try to search for videos with the Youtube add-on, the search screen starts with the cursor on the search box, which is great if you are using a real keyboard, but I can't figure out how to "jump" from the search box onto the virtual keyboard below, using my remote.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--Ander
you use your directional buttons. what model harmony are you using?

my remote has a toggle switch I press it up it movies up I press it down it movies down. if I press it straight down it selects.

if thats not what you are talking about I have no idea.

-=Jason=-
1. As Flomaster says, the arrow buttons will move you around in the same way that tab does. However it isn't always obvious how to get to the OK button. In the example of the Browse dialog the up and down arrows scroll around the list so so you can't arrow down off the bottom of the list to get to the OK button. Press the left arrow to move off the list and you'll find up and down then move around the other controls like the OK and Cancel buttons.

2. If you can't arrow down to the virtual keyboard go to Settings, System, Input devices and enable "Remote control sends keybaord presses". You should find you can now use the down arrow to move off the edit control and onto the virtual keyboard.

JR
Thanks a lot jhsrennie! Both your answers provided exactly what I was looking for. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to jump from one field to the next using a Harmony remote?0