XBMC can't see exported libraries
I have dual boot set up on my Acer Aspire One netbook, with windows 7 ultimate, and ubuntu 10.10. In windows, i have the beta 3 installed; in linux, I have something a little older, something prior to the add-ons addition (installed xbmc using this simple "hack" http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install...erick.html).

On linux, I can import exported library files (e.g., videodb.xml) just fine. On windows, it won't even show the library file when I navigate to the appropriate folder using the import function in the video or audio settings....So obviously, if I can't see it to select it, I can't import it. Also, I tried importing backed up database files created by both the windows and the linux versions of xbmc, and it wasn't able to see either when I tried to import with windows. And...I am using the "single" option for exporting the libraries.

So the question...is this a known issue, possibly even fixed already? Or shall I post a debug log? Any more details I could provide that might be helpful?
I'm having the exact same issue on XBMC Dharma RC1. Is there a fix or a work around for this?
I shouldn't have made this thread without experimenting a bit more. Turns out, you don't select the file in xbmc, you select the folder, once you're inside that folder. Not super intuitive, me thinks...but at least I know for the future.
That was it. Definitely a bit unintuitive but thanks for the help!
Try double clicking with a remote, then you will understand how unintuitive it is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't see exported libraries0