Network MP3 Playback glitches (but video is fine)?
I've just installed a new HTPC (Acer Aspire Revo 3610, 3GB RAM) to replace an aging Xbox which was also running XBMC. The new machine is running Windows 7 64 bit, and the latest version of XBMC downloaded from the main website.

Media is stored on an old linux server, over a wired and powerline network - generally this can happily reach 100 Mbit/s, although latency can be slightly higher than a purely wired network (although still typically sub 1ms).

On the XBox, everything used to play back perfectly. On the new HTPC, I'm hearing subtle crackles and fractional dropouts while playing MP3 files hosted on the server. Playing back video (with corresponding massively increased bandwidth requirements) works fine, though. Copying the MP3 files to the hard drive, they also play back perfectly.

I could move all the files to the hard drive, but I'd much rather keep things on the network if possible rather than duplicating them.

Any suggestions on how I can track down what the problem is and try to resolve it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network MP3 Playback glitches (but video is fine)?0